Contributor III

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Mikesell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7SNA
Was looking at Bruder, how did the purchase go? And what is support like? Was seriously within a hair of ordering an exp-4 but with them having seemingly little support here in north america was kinda gun-shy to drop the hammer on it.

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Was looking at Bruder, how did the purchase go? And what is support like? Was seriously within a hair of ordering an exp-4 but with them having seemingly little support here in north america was kinda gun-shy to drop the hammer on it.
Support is AWESOME! We have had to call a few times since September last year. Factor in the time difference but even now they are very helpful! We use WhatsApp to make the call and factor in the time difference (it's 19 hours that they are ahead from the west coast) so call in the evening. If we have to email, they are quick to respond.

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

almost too big for most overlanding I say
I will tell you that we actually did a Forest Service road in NM that parts of it would have made smaller vehicles think twice. We are pulling ours with a 2020 GMC Savana 2500 that has a 3" lift and a Quigley 4x4.

brokenfingers

Rank I

Contributor III

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Mikesell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7SNA
Good to hear, glad you've had good luck with them. When you ordered it, how long did it take to build and get delivered? Did you have to bomb down to the port, or was it delivered to your driveway? I ended up ordering a Teton-X which was the most comparable trailer here in the US I could find, it's composite, has the air bag suspension but still have months to wait on it's build.

Last edited:

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Good to hear, glad you've had good luck with them. When you ordered it, how long did it take to build and get delivered? Did you have to bomb down to the port, or was it delivered to your driveway? I ended up ordering a Teton-X which was the most comparable trailer here in the US I could find, it's composite, has the air bag suspension but still have months to wait on it's build.
One year including build/shipping. We had to go to the warehouse in Kent to pick it up. Sounds like builds on anything right now are taking at least a year and sometimes two. I will say that the warehouse we had to deal with was less than stellar. Warehouse guys were good but the ladies at the front desk - not so much. Our original plan was to pick it up in Brisbane and travel Australia for a year but then the 'rona hit so it went into a 40' container and took about 5 weeks crossing the ocean. We learn something new with each trip but it tows like a dream (you barely know it's behind the van).

Reactions: brokenfingers

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I was close to buying a exp-4, had a close look at it and they opened a branch in Europe so I got in contact with them. In the end it was to much money but also the width is a problem in my opinion or at least for our tracks.

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

I was close to buying a exp-4, had a close look at it and they opened a branch in Europe so I got in contact with them. In the end it was to much money but also the width is a problem in my opinion or at least for our tracks.
Makes sense. Yes! They have a facility in the Amsterdam area. And at the end of the day, you have to do what works for you. The EXP-6 fits nicely behind our van. One reason why the hubby went with the van instead of another vehicle.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Absolutely, would be no problem for the jeep to tow but our experience showed that the jeep is already wide for some trails in Europe and the bruder only makes sense if I don't leave the trailer in a Basecamp. Since it's wider than the jeep we had a big no...
But we actually loved it, the build quality and all the characteristics of the Bruder trailers are absolutely awesome!

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Absolutely, would be no problem for the jeep to tow but our experience showed that the jeep is already wide for some trails in Europe and the bruder only makes sense if I don't leave the trailer in a Basecamp. Since it's wider than the jeep we had a big no...
But we actually loved it, the build quality and all the characteristics of the Bruder trailers are absolutely awesome!
Build quality is phenomenal! We looked at a Gladiator but the towing capacity and subsequent payload were nothing and really wouldn't have been good for towing the Bruder. The EXP-4 maybe but not the 6. Trust me when I say we, meaning hubby, did all of his homework - it's the engineer in him!

Reactions: MazeVX