Breakfast Meet-up at NWOR-Saturday, June 17th

• HTML tutorial

Will you be joining us for breakfast at the Northwest Overland Rally?

• No, I never get up before noon on Saturday since I shot that old rooster and I hate eggs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, depends, possibly, what was the question?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

We have a casual plan to meet for breakfast on Saturday, June 17th at the Northwest Overland Rally. I thought we had better get an official plan thread going and a head count so we know how many eggs to crack. This will be a Stone Soup Potluck Breakfast so bring something to contribute.

When:
Saturday, June 17th. I'll have the Skottle fired up by 6:45AM and be attempting breakfast tacos...
(eggs, bacon/sausage, sweet red peppers, cheese, salsa, flour tortilla)

Where:
My place? Blue 5Gen 4runner with James Baroud tent. Maybe we can get hooked up on Thursday and camp in the same area.

Bring:
Bacon, pancakes, french toast, bacon, donuts, juice, coffee, bacon, eggs, ham, oatmeal, sausages, bacon or whatever you wish to bring and something to cook it with.

You'll want to show up with plates, bowls, utensils or clean hands. Plan on taking all of those back with you.

Maybe bring a chair?

Table? I have one 6 foot table to set stuff on, but we may need another flat surface.

To get a head count and an idea of what everyone plans on bringing, vote above and leave a comment below about what you will be adding to the Stone Soup Potluck.

My Place....I'll have an Overland Bound banner flying somewhere.

DeschutesCamp-0631.jpg

Boulder Burt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granite Falls, WA
Member #

I would love to meet up with Overland Bound members. I will be going on an 8:00 AM trail run on Saturday morning so can't stay long at the planned breakfast, but can be there early. Sounds like a lot of people will be at the rally, hope I can find you. I will be arriving on Thursday around 1-1:30. What time do some of you plan on arriving so we can camp close by. I am not sure if we are assign camp spots or if it is a free-for-all. This is the first time I have been to the Rally.

Reactions: NWNavigator

Dennis King

Rank 0

Contributor I

Federal Way, Washington
Member #

I would love to meet up with Overland Bound members. I will be going on an 8:00 AM trail run on Saturday morning so can't stay long at the planned breakfast, but can be there early. Sounds like a lot of people will be at the rally, hope I can find you. I will be arriving on Thursday around 1-1:30. What time do some of you plan on arriving so we can camp close by. I am not sure if we are assign camp spots or if it is a free-for-all. This is the first time I have been to the Rally.
overland Jeep.jpg We will be arriving about the same time. Coming from Federal Way

The_Just

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Tualatin OR
Member #

We're hoping to leave Portland at 7am which should put us there at 12-12.30 depending on traffic and rest stops. I'm bringing the flag pole, but dont have an OB flag, just the good o'l American flag.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Traveler I

I'll be there. Will be bringing copious amounts of bacon to the Rally. I'll have a Skottle with me as well, if you want to double up. And a small camp table I can bring over if you want more surface area.

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

We are heading to Baker City today, then Leavenworth tomorrow and moving into the Rally as early as they allow on Thursday.

We can bring hashbrowns and a spare prep table, but our stove is not portable. Sounds like there might be two grills? Maybe more?

Would you be okay with making room on a grill for some hashbrowns?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Sheriffdoug

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Perth, Western Australia
Member #

We have a casual plan to meet for breakfast on Saturday, June 17th at the Northwest Overland Rally. I thought we had better get an official plan thread going and a head count so we know how many eggs to crack. This will be a Stone Soup Potluck Breakfast so bring something to contribute.

When:
Saturday, June 17th. I'll have the Skottle fired up by 6:45AM and be attempting breakfast tacos...
(eggs, bacon/sausage, sweet red peppers, cheese, salsa, flour tortilla)

Where:
My place? Blue 5Gen 4runner with James Baroud tent. Maybe we can get hooked up on Thursday and camp in the same area.

Bring:
Bacon, pancakes, french toast, bacon, donuts, juice, coffee, bacon, eggs, ham, oatmeal, sausages, bacon or whatever you wish to bring and something to cook it with.

You'll want to show up with plates, bowls, utensils or clean hands. Plan on taking all of those back with you.

Maybe bring a chair?

Table? I have one 6 foot table to set stuff on, but we may need another flat surface.

To get a head count and an idea of what everyone plans on bringing, vote above and leave a comment below about what you will be adding to the Stone Soup Potluck.

My Place....I'll have an Overland Bound banner flying somewhere.

View attachment 26049
Great looking rig. Went to NW Overland Expo 2015 and there were 20 Sportsmobiles there. Learnt a lot, met great people, fantastic cross section of offroad Bikes & 4WDrives. Camped 4 weekend at Event. Enjoy!

Sheriffdoug

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Perth, Western Australia
Member #

Hi. They tell you which Paddock to Park, unless you know where others might be. Get there early Thursday, best place is in the main area to the right as you drive in, half way up the hill. Otherwise, there's about 4 Paddocks, with Thousands. Cheers.

Reactions: The_Just

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Sounds like there might be two grills? Maybe more?

Would you be okay with making room on a grill for some hashbrowns?
We should be able to accommodate that! I have a stove and cast iron pans in addition to the Skottle. Maybe there's another Skottle showing up as well. We'll figure it out!

Reactions: stevenboise