Enthusiast III

Santa Cruz, California 95062, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
St Denis
Member #

Hey all,
I’m looking to do a brake change on my 2002 Tacoma. I want better stopping power, and want (bigger?) brakes and disk all around. I realize I may have to lift the truck a bit but I would like to stop better. The truck is a little overweight. Any suggestions on off road fabrication shops in the Bay Area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Brake size isn't the issue, if that Tundra is similar to the ones I'm thinking of. Ford F550 brakes are big, but not indy car big.

EBC yellow pads will help. Your Rubber hoses ain't helping, EBC might have braided hoses for your truck as well.

And replace all of your fluid and bleed properly.

Before you drop coin on a complete big brake kit, consider if that's expensive enough to just upgrade to a 3/4 ton truck instead.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I'm partial to Powerstop brakes. Budget conscious and still a nice up over standard replacements. Don't need to get the "extreme" set if you don't want to; I personally prefer the z17 ceramic pads paired with the drilled and slotted rotors.

Whatever brand you decide to go with, the most important thing is that they get burned in properly. Otherwise, whatever money you spend will be a waste.

Reactions: RoarinRow