Bolt size for ARB awnings

• HTML tutorial

escape_the_paradigm

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Newark, CA
Member #

I just ordered an ARB awning and planning to mount it to my Yakima Load warrior using some flat plates of aluminum but I can't find the size of the bolt that will fit into the t-slot anywhere.

Anyone here have any idea?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

It comes with four (ARB 2000) or six (ARB 2500) M6-1.0 X about 20mm stainless hex head cap screws, and matching flat washers and lock nuts. You could probably use 1/4-20, but I never tried, sticking with the metric like everywhere else on my vehicle.

escape_the_paradigm

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Newark, CA
Member #

Awesome, this should make life easier. I am figuring sandwiching the Load warrior between a pair of aluminum plates should do the trick.

04D2_Rover1

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Manning
Member #

I bought the same awning from ARB. One of my first uninformed choices. It did not come with any mounting hardware. I called them directly they said.. "just go to Lowes and buy some bolts it's pretty easy to do" (that's a quote as I still have Thier pithy little email. They ended up sending me some L brackets after a couple more emails. I've been moving that awning from house to house as other things took priority with my rig. Getting back to the awning today, trying to find the right size for the T slot . this post saved me lots of time.

I despise arb.. Their gear is gaudy, over priced, incredibly heavy and marketed to the masses. I'll use the awning as it's paid for but black out the label. I'd rather not have the gear of arb are the only ones who sell it.

Reactions: USStrongman

04D2_Rover1

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Manning
Member #

Blacking out the logo is so edgy.

BTW, awning does come with hardware in the pouch that contains the stakes and guy rope and a simple email will get you a set if for some reason was not included. That said 6M x 25mm stainless steel bolts from Home Depot would work just fine.
No hardware was in it. Did open it up. Hence the original effort in email. The email did not get me a set. They sent me a set of galvanized L brackets and told me to go buy bolts. Did you even read my Reply? Regardless this post did help me so thanks to that person.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Thats why I chose ROAM. Duties on ARB is what drives the cost up so much in the US. I am not a fan of their "privileged only" marketing. Do they make great stuff? Absolutely... but you are gonna pay for it, hard.

Reactions: 04D2_Rover1

Loanrangie

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Melboure,Victoria, Australia
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Robertshaw
when i was modifying a rack to fit my car i fitted nutserts into the rack tubing at the correct spacing so that i didnt need to use L brackets, i then screwed the bolts 3/4 of the way in with the nuts on and then slid the awning extrusion along the bolts and then tightened the nuts.
This makes it easy to remove the awning if you dont want it on all the time.IMG_20190109_153415.jpg

Reactions: 04D2_Rover1

OverlandDutchie

Rank IV

Advocate I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Bodiford
Member #

I bought the same awning from ARB. One of my first uninformed choices. It did not come with any mounting hardware. I called them directly they said.. "just go to Lowes and buy some bolts it's pretty easy to do" (that's a quote as I still have Thier pithy little email. They ended up sending me some L brackets after a couple more emails. I've been moving that awning from house to house as other things took priority with my rig. Getting back to the awning today, trying to find the right size for the T slot . this post saved me lots of time.

I despise arb.. Their gear is gaudy, over priced, incredibly heavy and marketed to the masses. I'll use the awning as it's paid for but black out the label. I'd rather not have the gear of arb are the only ones who sell it.
Blacking out the logo is so edgy.

BTW, awning does come with hardware in the pouch that contains the stakes and guy rope and a simple email will get you a set if for some reason was not included. That said 6M x 25mm stainless steel bolts from Home Depot would work just fine.
I recent purchased a 2000x2500 awning (plus the room with floors!) and the awning came with 6 sets of nuts and bolts to mount it onto the mounting brackets. I bought an extra mounting bracket and am currently searching for another set of 3 nuts/bolts though. This thread has been helpful.