Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
After having spent lots of time and more money than I should have on initially cheap, but later expensive FJ60s that turned out to have garbage frames, I decided to put enough money down to get a 60 series that was actually decent. The result of that is my newest addition, a 1988 FJ62 that is in pretty good shape. It has a little bit of body rust, but the key is that the frame is good, which is what had been my downfall in the past. The fact that I can just jump in it and go, without having to feel like I'm at risk of the frame or other things failing on me is a great feeling. Also, the kids love it, too, which is always an upside.

My initial plans are to baseline it. Fluid changes, accessory belt change, things like that. From there, I have grandiose plans for it. From bumpers and a winch to an eventual H55F swap, in the end, it should be a great expedition rig.
20210827_175027.jpg20210828_095415.jpg20210828_132935.jpg20210828_082737.jpg20210829_113221.jpg

Reactions: LRdisco1

LRdisco1

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
After having spent lots of time and more money than I should have on initially cheap, but later expensive FJ60s that turned out to have garbage frames, I decided to put enough money down to get a 60 series that was actually decent. The result of that is my newest addition, a 1988 FJ62 that is in pretty good shape. It has a little bit of body rust, but the key is that the frame is good, which is what had been my downfall in the past. The fact that I can just jump in it and go, without having to feel like I'm at risk of the frame or other things failing on me is a great feeling. Also, the kids love it, too, which is always an upside.

My initial plans are to baseline it. Fluid changes, accessory belt change, things like that. From there, I have grandiose plans for it. From bumpers and a winch to an eventual H55F swap, in the end, it should be a great expedition rig.
View attachment 208373View attachment 208371View attachment 208370View attachment 208372View attachment 208369
Thing looks in great shape. Very nice!

Reactions: Hallout

Hallout

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
I got her out off road, which was a lot of fun! I think that the suspension and tires will need to happen before I do the transmission swap, though. It was a lot of fun, even as is, though, so I'm pretty happy about it.

Reactions: GLOCKer