Jon
Last Name
Lambert
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello,
My wife and I will be in the Black Hills from May 1st through May 7th
Were looking for some recommendations for dispersed or great non-dispersed camping spots,
Off road trails that a stock 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport can handle, and hikes or other must see items.

thanks in advance...
Jon

Reactions: 307dulaney

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

My folks went to Pactola lake and absolutely loved it. If i remember right it’s not too far from Rapid City and also Deadwood, but it is a reservation spot.

The pictures I saw from their trip were amazing. It would definitely be worth a look while you’re in the area

Reactions: JTLambert

JTLambert

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Rockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Lambert
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
My folks went to Pactola lake and absolutely loved it. If i remember right it’s not too far from Rapid City and also Deadwood, but it is a reservation spot.

The pictures I saw from their trip were amazing. It would definitely be worth a look while you’re in the area
Thanks I’ll add it to the list.

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Well I was hoping that would be a selectable link. There’s quite a bit of member posted info on sites in that area on the map. Hope that helps!

Reactions: JTLambert

FrankenWagon

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Northern Colorado
First Name
Al
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Needles hwy is an absolutely beautiful drive. Iron Mountain Road is as well. I've rode it many times. I forgot how many "pig tails" there are on that road. Think full 360 degree curve in the road that goes up (or down) at least one full story during the curve. I would imagine there is camping and hiking opportunities in that area as well. I believe it's in or near Custer State Park.

You'll have to look it up on the internet being I can't seem to get a pic to attach.

Last edited:

JTLambert

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Rockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Lambert
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Needles hwy is an absolutely beautiful drive. Iron Mountain Road is as well. I've rode it many times. I forgot how many "pig tails" there are on that road. Think full 360 degree curve in the road that goes up (or down) at least one full story during the curve. I would imagine there is camping and hiking opportunities in that area as well. I believe it's in or near Custer State Park.

You'll have to look it up on the internet being I can't seem to get a pic to attach.
Thank You FrankenWagon