Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Hey Ratthew,

I see you're in PHX, so guessing you're not going to be attending (if you are, please RSVP). A couple of us have radios that can transmit on HAM frequencies, but no HAM licenses. We're discussing our options on public broadcast frequencies atm.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Let us know Jim! All of the ocean views are on day 2 & 3 of the trip-- definitely not any trip like Hollister or Frank Raines though. We'll be passing back through Jolon ( about 5 miles south west of King City) on Saturday. I'm expecting we'll leave the Indians area no later than 11a in order to give us time to explore South Coast Road.
Life happens. Cat got tore up last night, have to find vet in the morning and get some work time in tomorrow as well. I cannot commit until I can get to the vet and see what it's gonna take to get past the 3rd of it's 9 lives. I'll check the roster tomorrow eve, if you are full up we will catch you next time. If not and the cat can handle it, we will come join Sat morning.

I am familiar with the area you are camping Fri night, between Hunter Ligget and the gate to the old Indians Trail. Hunted it many times in the far past. I believe it was mentioned you will be leaving camp 11 or earlier Sat morning. If we can make it we will be there around 10 and find the crew, or be waiting on the side of the road to jump in line when you pass. I drive a dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Have CB and HAM handhelds, but no HAM licence. Will check to see if you posted a frequency or channel. I'll post a message either way in case you have service at some point.

emonomics

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, CA, USA
First Name
Emerson
Last Name
L
Member #

One other note, all. The flies and yellow jackets can be really bad up there. So plan accordingly... the bees love meat!

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Life happens. Cat got tore up last night, have to find vet in the morning and get some work time in tomorrow as well. I cannot commit until I can get to the vet and see what it's gonna take to get past the 3rd of it's 9 lives. I'll check the roster tomorrow eve, if you are full up we will catch you next time. If not and the cat can handle it, we will come join Sat morning.

I am familiar with the area you are camping Fri night, between Hunter Ligget and the gate to the old Indians Trail. Hunted it many times in the far past. I believe it was mentioned you will be leaving camp 11 or earlier Sat morning. If we can make it we will be there around 10 and find the crew, or be waiting on the side of the road to jump in line when you pass. I drive a dark blue Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Have CB and HAM handhelds, but no HAM licence. Will check to see if you posted a frequency or channel. I'll post a message either way in case you have service at some point.
I'm out. Catch ya next time. Got to nurse the cat until surgery Monday.

Ratthew

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey Guys, I am based in Phoenix, but my rig is parked in SF. However I wont be able to make this trip as I cant make it to the meet point by 4. So I hope to meet you all later and I will stay tuned for next trips and try to learn how to use all these coordinates and navigation trips in the meantime. This is why I joined the groups to get to do some more lesser known trails and meet new peeps.

Reactions: emonomics

Ratthew

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey Ratthew,

I see you\'re in PHX, so guessing you\'re not going to be attending (if you are, please RSVP). A couple of us have radios that can transmit on HAM frequencies, but no HAM licenses. We\'re discussing our options on public broadcast frequencies atm.
Hboss, I am based in Phoenix, but my rig is parked in SF. However I wont be able to make this trip as I cant make it to the meet point by 4. So I hope to meet you all later and I will stay tuned for next trips and try to learn how to use all these coordinates and navigation trips in the meantime. This is why I joined the groups to get to do some more lesser known trails and meet new peeps.

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Despite being a small turnout, we had a lot of fun. The weather was second to none, except perhaps the wind storm that hit Prewitt Ridge Saturday night. I was excited to visit the Indians area, but still need to make it to the southern terminus of Old Coast Road beyond Lottie's Potrero!

Attachments

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Thanks for putting it together Ben. I think it was good that it was small - down to do it again!

BY far the best view we've camped.

Reactions: JimBill

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

If you're going to stay in the Indians area, I'd strongly recommend that you go sometime between Nov - March. It gets hot up there, and when it does you'll be joined by a swarm of pesky gnats and yellow jackets-- not the ideal camping experience!

I've posted the link the GPX track that I recorded on Gaia for this trip below. If you want to read more about the route, planning, points of interest, check out the Big Sur Adventure Route on Overlandtraxx.com . Note, we did the alternative route (route #2), which incorporates the Indians area.

Reactions: AL.WVSN and JimBill