Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
This year the Los Angeles meetup group adopted the Grapevine Canyon trail (4N16) in Big Bear California. After contacting the San Bernardino National Forest Service I was connected with the local ranger. The process was easy, pick an available trail, complete some necessary forms and go to work.

In July we got a group together and made a weekend of it. Surprisingly when we arrived at our trail there was no trash to cleanup. We were able to clean a shooting area adjacent to our trail as well as some trail repair and illegal trail coverup. We then had a great night camping in the forest.

It’s safe to say that we’re all looking forward to getting back out there after the winter snow melt. The next cleanup will be posted on Rally Point and all are welcome to join us!!

jmorin41

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canoga Park, CA 91303
First Name
James
Last Name
Morin
Member #

This year the Los Angeles meetup group adopted the Grapevine Canyon trail (4N16) in Big Bear California. After contacting the San Bernardino National Forest Service I was connected with the local ranger. The process was easy, pick an available trail, complete some necessary forms and go to work.

In July we got a group together and made a weekend of it. Surprisingly when we arrived at our trail there was no trash to cleanup. We were able to clean a shooting area adjacent to our trail as well as some trail repair and illegal trail coverup. We then had a great night camping in the forest.

It’s safe to say that we’re all looking forward to getting back out there after the winter snow melt. The next cleanup will be posted on Rally Point and all are welcome to join us!!
Hi Narbob - I am member in the LA area and I frequent SB NFS. I'm in for a trail clean up if one comes up!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi Narbob - I am member in the LA area and I frequent SB NFS. I'm in for a trail clean up if one comes up!
Hey @jmorin41, we will definitely get another clean up and hopefully soon. Last years was after July 4th so as long as we can keep with COVID-19 guidelines, we should e good. Watch for the posting.

SAR-MEDIC

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Lane
Last Name
W
Member #

Greetings,

I will watch for update postings. I have done some adopt the trail work a few years ago. I would enjoy the opportunity to do it again.

Thank you.

Reactions: Narbob

headhunter

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Altadena, California, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6JIY
I'm definitely up for helping with 4N16 when we are ready for a group event when COVID-19 guidelines can be properly met. I don't think I've ever driven that route. I've spent a lot of time on 3N16, but I think that anyone who's been to Big Bear has. It looks like 4N16 connects to the old Coxey Truck Trail.

Thanks for putting this together. It helps keep things open and shows the public that people in vehicles can be part of the solution to keeping our forests and deserts well maintained for the good of everyone.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I'm definitely up for helping with 4N16 when we are ready for a group event when COVID-19 guidelines can be properly met. I don't think I've ever driven that route. I've spent a lot of time on 3N16, but I think that anyone who's been to Big Bear has. It looks like 4N16 connects to the old Coxey Truck Trail.

Thanks for putting this together. It helps keep things open and shows the public that people in vehicles can be part of the solution to keeping our forests and deserts well maintained for the good of everyone.
You are correct about Coxey trail. Stay tuned, at some point (hopefully soon) we’ll get another clean up going. All will be welcome.

Trainfool

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Torrance, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

I too would be interested in any helping any way, especially in the the Big Bear area! I was just up there Sunday and believe I saw an "Adopt a Trail" sign on the 3N17. I'll be watching this thread. Stay safe everyone!

Reactions: Narbob and EBasil

EBasil

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Basil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LBE
Trail Maintenance in Big Bear is a good idea: there's a LOT of trail traffic and impact, yet it's easy to get to and to stay at for volunteers.