Best Youtube Channel

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Risky

Rank V

Advocate III

Gladstone Central QLD, Australia
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Hess
Member #

I can't believe I am only seeing this for the first time, I have subscribed to this channel and will watch more, I lived in the Kimberley for 4 1/2 years and it brings back wonderful memories for me. Thank you for sharing.

CCHeath

Rank V

Enthusiast I

I don't have a favorite but here are my top picks:

Expeditionoverland- My introduction to the overlanding lifestyle.

IamJake- I watch this with my 18 month old son he loves Jake's dog Jade.

SwellRunner- Love his enthusiasm "WOW"

Theroadchoseme- Adventures in Africa.

Venture4wd- I love Chris's introspective film style, I almost find his channel relaxing.

Overlandbound- The everyman's overlanding channel.

Ronny Dahl- For some Australian adventure.

4XOverland- With Andrew I like his honesty and his new series through Africa ( bucket list vacation)

Honorable mention is Mountainstate

There was one channel I had to stop watching because the camera was shaking and I was getting sick.

Stickbow

Rank II

Contributor III

Georgia, USA
Member #

Finally binge watched the ExpeditionOverland South America series over the past few days. Finished it tonight, and saw this post.

I subscribe to 116 channels as of this evening, down from 150+ a couple weeks ago (decided to clean up my subs) I guess I am a YouTube freak. The channels include bushcraft/primitive skills, woodworking, fishing & fish, welding, bladesmithing/blacksmithing, primitive archery, kayaking, random music, cars in general (Dirt every day and Roadkill Garage!!) then to overlanding and a whole lot in between. Sorta like all my internet favorites, it's all over the map.

I've watched every Overland Bound video - most before I joined the organization, so I guess the YouTube channel pays off.

Offroad/overland: I watch IamJake irregularly (tend to binge on his videos, then ignore for a couple of weeks - no real reason; I just do), Aussies Ronnie Dahl and 4WD Action every time a new video comes out. As a photographer, 4XOverland (Andrew St.Pierre White) is a favorite from a visual and video quality point of view - he is a professional videographer, and goes to places I only dream of. RedEyed Jack is from my general neck of the woods, and has a Disco the same color/year as mine so I watch his videos. There are some channels I watch, but can't figure out why I keep watching them, as I tend to talk back to the computer like I do to the TV - 'why would you do that??'....I won't name those; some might be your favorites, and to each his or her own.

Some other notables that I watch pretty regularly:

I also watch one of the original "leave everything and go sailing" series - Sailing La Vagabonde, though I get really irritated when they do some things (like take hurricanes for granted -- and get away with it).

My engineer sons turned me on to several "maker" channels like Adam Savage's Tested Channel. It's pretty cool in general, but I watch him reproduce things that could be made the "right" way and wish I could call him up and say - hey, it's less work and a better product to forge a sword than to shape it out of an aluminum bar....

I watch every episode of Bad Obsession Motorsport's Project Binky (they are few and far between) - I'm fascinated with how detailed they get with the whole rebuild process on this car.

Hope this ramble turns someone on to something they enjoy - the other posts have given me some new ones to subscribe to.

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Advocate II

Yewtah
- Back in April of 2012 I was getting off of a graveyard shift at Kalispell Regional Medical Center heading south towards Lakeside Montana and who passes me Expeditions 7, that was a beautiful sight.
Very cool!

Expeditions7 was the way I really got to know Clay from XOverland and later became a member of the team. Clay and I just did a trip across Greenland with Expeditions7. There will be some neat media about this in the coming months.

IMG_4056.JPG

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
Fisler
Member #

:sunglasses:

Expeditionoverland- Mine also: introduction to the overlanding lifestyle.

IamJake- I watch this with my 18 month old son he loves Jake's dog Jade. CORRECTION-***Jade is his Jeep. Annie is his dog****:hearteyes:

**Overlandbound- The everyman's overlanding channel.
(agreed)

Ronny Dahl- For some Australian adventure. Very entertaining!

4XOverland- With Andrew I like his honesty and his new series through Africa ( bucket list vacation) I Learned more than i thought on practical issues like gas can rack tightness, and if it rattles....it will BREAK.

4Wheel Action (another Australian off-road group) that is more orientated to off-roading.

EDIT: I cut and pasted to save some writing, and then edited for my favorites. Thank you CC Heath for the original list. Good choices.

Reactions: cruiseroutfit

CCHeath

Rank V

Enthusiast I

:sunglasses:

Expeditionoverland- Mine also: introduction to the overlanding lifestyle.

IamJake- I watch this with my 18 month old son he loves Jake's dog Jade. CORRECTION-***Jade is his Jeep. Annie is his dog****:hearteyes:

**Overlandbound- The everyman's overlanding channel.
(agreed)

Ronny Dahl- For some Australian adventure. Very entertaining!

4XOverland- With Andrew I like his honesty and his new series through Africa ( bucket list vacation) I Learned more than i thought on practical issues like gas can rack tightness, and if it rattles....it will BREAK.

4Wheel Action (another Australian off-road group) that is more orientated to off-roading.

EDIT: I cut and pasted to save some writing, and then edited for my favorites. Thank you CC Heath for the original list. Good choices.
You are correct Annie is the dog.

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
Fisler
Member #

What i find inquiring or concerning, is the crossing of international borders. The documents and paperwork that can be involved. 4xoverland (Andrew) mentioned fake duplicate drivers licenses and hidden cash. Clay croft (expedition overland) mentioned hiding money and securing documents, including keeping your passport on your person ALWAYS. When i watched Micheal here take the trip to Baja, i was amazed at how easy they and others took their dogs with them. I know vet paperwork and shots were involved, but i thought it would be more difficult coming back across the US border.

In my line of work, there a times every couple of years where i have gone to Canada and once all the way to Alaska. On that trip we left out of Detroit Michigan and crossed into Canada, where we made our way up over the great lakes, thru Winnipeg, and onto Alberta, before heading north. We didn't have too difficult a time getting thru customs once they realized that we were working,,,,,,and NOT going to work in Canada. They are very touchie about that. Anyway we made our way north thru the Yukon and into Alaska. Alaska point of entry was easy and uneventful. After completing that part of the job (stopping in Anchorage and ???) we had to head back across the border into Canada to make our way over to Juneau AK. Again no real deal. From there on the ferry to mid BC Canada where again going thru customs while driving off the ship. From there thru Vancouver and over the Canadian Rockies, where we reentered the USA.
The point of this.......we crossed the border 6 times in 1 month, and we got the 2nd degree questions and difficulty reentering my/our country. Remember....your passports are scanned logged and filed, so they could see at a glace where, when, we had been. If they hadn't had such a backup to cross, i think we would have had to empty our vehicle for total inspection(winter/December). I don't know if the agent was having a bad day or not, as i stopped for a pee/soda break 10 miles inside our border and asked the clerk what was going on. She said they had started about a week earlier with the hard entry questions. I just found it odd that we had the hardest time getting home, and not in a foreign country.