Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Wolford
Member #

Hoping to see some pictures of how you are mounting your tablets. Just purchased mine to use with Gaia now I just need mount it. Need to be able to remove as I am not in the best neighborhood. Thx in advance for any help

CheFJ07

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Anderson, SC, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Crenshaw
Member #

Hoping to see some pictures of how you are mounting your tablets. Just purchased mine to use with Gaia now I just need mount it. Need to be able to remove as I am not in the best neighborhood. Thx in advance for any help
Good morning
I dont have a tj, however here are a couple of options im looking to use for the same purpose...

Nite Ize Original Steelie Dash Mount Kit - Magnetic Car Dash Mount for Smartphones (Packaging may vary)
SCOSCHE MPDB MagicMount Pro Universal Magnetic Dash Smartphone/GPS Mount Holder for the Car, Home or Office in Frustration Free Packaging
Good luck, hope that helps

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
This was in my 2002 TJ, mounted the RAM to the floor board near the abs module. The TJ’s as you know aren’t the most accommodating for room. Was the better idea that I could come up with
The RAM aluminum rod is pretty stiff and didn’t bounce around horribly.
55C1B02F-2626-46FB-9683-D4D93DC02F97.jpeg564B5038-8A2E-4BF9-B731-03283B2AE8C2.jpeg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
RAM mounts. Look no further. Your imagination is the only limit. I've got the same aluminum rod mount pictured above that I mounted under the seat bolt of my XJ. It work well but is a little low. I've been meaning to pick up some black plumbing pipe and make a more rigid setup removing the aluminum rod.

I've also got a ram base on my dash for my phone and another in the passenger side cubby (XJ not Wrangler) that I can mount things to.

Funmobile

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yuba City
Member #

I have an 06 and run RAM mounts for my GoPro, phone and iPad, and I couldn't be happier. I use a different mounting system to attach it to the vehicle, however the mount itself is rock solid.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I use Scosche mag mounts for my phone (1 magnet) and tablet (2 magnets) and have never had a problem with them moving and I drive some pretty rough dirt country and pave county roads every day. I'v used ram mount X-grip as well and they work fine but I like just being able to grab the device right off the mount with one hand and go. I used the Scosche flush mount and made my own brackets.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I don’t have a Jeep, but I do use a RAM Mount for my Samsung Tab E and it’s solid as a rock. Do a Hard Mount if you can so the tablet doesn’t move around on you.

IMG_0956.JPGIMG_0283.JPG

Aaron Lee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spirit Lake, Idaho, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG7FW
I just upgraded from an old Google Nexus to a Samsung Tab A in my LJ. Although I'm not 100% happy with the solution, This does work okay for now.

The thing I don't like is that my AC vents (which blow a little bit of hot air when the defrost is on) are blowing right on the back of the tablet.

This is an off-brand windshield mount setup with 1/4-20 threaded stud. I then added the 1" RAM ball to the threaded stud. The arm is just a 3" arm (I think) and the tablet mount is a RAM-HOL-TAB24U (purchased this from GPSCity). You will also need the round mount 1" ball to attach to the back of the tablet mount as it's not included.

Admittedly this was cobbled together mostly with stuff I had from other projects. I do want to move the mount off the windshield eventually but for now it works pretty well.

IMG_2373.JPG

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

Not a Jeep but maybe also a feasible solution in a Jeep?! I prefer also the RAM Mount products for my Samsung Tab:

Bjoern