Best way to carry hi-lift jack on an MDX

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

YoshidaBK

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Fremont, CA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Yoshida
Member #

Is there anyone out there that has an MDX and carries a Hi-lift jack? Just trying to get an idea on how to carry one when I’m off the beat and path.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Is there anyone out there that has an MDX and carries a Hi-lift jack? Just trying to get an idea on how to carry one when I’m off the beat and path.
What are you planning on doing with the hi-lift? Your car doesn’t really have any good jack points unless you lift from the wheel with the accessory. A bottle jack may probably be the best solution and easier to store.

If you plan on using it as a manual winch then I think maybe use some L brackets and design some mount.

Reactions: YoshidaBK

YoshidaBK

Rank I
OB1

Contributor I

Fremont, CA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Yoshida
Member #

What are you planning on doing with the hi-lift? Your car doesn’t really have any good jack points unless you lift from the wheel with the accessory. A bottle jack may probably be the best solution and easier to store.

If you plan on using it as a manual winch then I think maybe use some L brackets and design some mount.
Great point. Yes you are correct, I do not need a Hi-lift for an DMX. My bad. My friend PM me and told me that I need a Unijack (bottle Jack and Jack stand combo) too. Sorry to miss state my needs.
I'm just I asked before purchasing anything. This is a great forum to get feedback before making a purchase.

Reactions: PonoAdventures

PonoAdventures

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Great point. Yes you are correct, I do not need a Hi-lift for an DMX. My bad. My friend PM me and told me that I need a Unijack (bottle Jack and Jack stand combo) too. Sorry to miss state my needs.
I'm just I asked before purchasing anything. This is a great forum to get feedback before making a purchase.
That is the great thing about forums. Great sounding board from different experiences.