Best affordable roof rack for 5th gen 4Runner?

• HTML tutorial

True North

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, California
Member #

I'm in the same boat. While not the cheapest, after researching I decided I want the gobi stealth. I'm still slightly hesitant to order because it seems like it takes nearly 6 months to ship, but they look the best imo. I was also looking at rhino rack.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Wolfpup

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego, CA
Member #

I'm in the same boat. While not the cheapest, after researching I decided I want the gobi stealth. I'm still slightly hesitant to order because it seems like it takes nearly 6 months to ship, but they look the best imo. I was also looking at rhino rack.
I really like the rhino pioneer sx platform. There are a ton of add ones for it

Reactions: True North

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Prinsu rack is great. The one qualification I’ll give that statement is it’s not as heavy duty as a welded steel or aluminum rack like gobi, frontrunner, or K9 easy awn. I’ve been decently happy with mine, but if I had to do it again, considering I throw a ton of stuff on the roof rack including a full time RTT, I would have dropped the extra $$ on a frontrunner or K9 rack.

Prinsu is not a bad rack. I just like things slightly more overbuilt than the prinsu is.

Note: I’ve got a 4th gen. But all the options including prinsu that I listed are exactly the same between 4th and 5th gen, apart from some small dimensional differences.