Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
This is a meet up to show off rigs of different levels of builds from stock to fully setup. This is open to all levels of overlanders. We will meet up for a couple of hours to go over rigs and different supplies so our new overlanders can get some tips and ideas. Then well load up and take a drive through the Hoosier National Forest. All stock vehicles will be able to attend as most of the roads are gravel.

View Rally Point

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Not anywhere near you, but great idea!!! These days, I can easily see newbies getting a bit intimidated with feeling like they need a $100,000.00 rig before they can get out and enjoy an overland trip.

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Inventor II

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Not anywhere near you, but great idea!!! These days, I can easily see newbies getting a bit intimidated with feeling like they need a $100,000.00 rig before they can get out and enjoy an overland trip.
I agree 100%! An event like this was hosted last November and it was my first time meeting others and it really helped on getting connected with others in the region. It was also nice to get ideas for my rig and gear that I hadn't thought of. I highly recommend this event in your region to help get more interest and knowledge out there to the newbies!

DougO

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Kokomo, IN, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Obenchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9NWN
Looks like I just might be able to make this as well. Be a nice easy shake down run.