Beer

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

CSG

Rank V

Advocate III

Idaho
Member #

I'm a fan of IPAs. I don't drink much beer, my friends, but when I do, it's an IPA. Or Guinness...

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Dilldog

Rank V

Advocate II

Spokane, WA.
Had a very depressing day recently. The Total Wine here in town downsized its beer section drastically. Wife and I went in looking for a solid ESB and a pale, both styles of which I always go for Fuller's. The "English" beer section was reduced down to Irish style nitro stouts and a few Sam Smiths...

JPM78130

Rank II

Traveler II

New Braunfels, TX
Member #

Had a very depressing day recently. The Total Wine here in town downsized its beer section drastically. Wife and I went in looking for a solid ESB and a pale, both styles of which I always go for Fuller's. The "English" beer section was reduced down to Irish style nitro stouts and a few Sam Smiths...
that is depressing :(

Dilldog

Rank V

Advocate II

Spokane, WA.
that is depressing :(
Yeah its a bummer, but honestly I dont drink much at all anymore so it doesnt sting much. But when I was in diesel school I knew the owner of a great beer and wine shop, his goal was to carry stuff you couldnt get in other stores. It was great I used to hang out and drink and listen to music, that was where I really started learning about beer.

Roots66

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Austin is overloaded with craft beer companies, so I couldn't even tell you them all. However, there's a new place down the road from us in Georgetown named Rentsch that is nice. Good beer, a tap room, and a nice garden at the brewery. If anyone wants to grab a cold one sometime, let me know.

http://rentschbrewery.com/

Reactions: JPM78130

JPM78130

Rank II

Traveler II

New Braunfels, TX
Member #

Austin is overloaded with craft beer companies, so I couldn't even tell you them all. However, there's a new place down the road from us in Georgetown named Rentsch that is nice. Good beer, a tap room, and a nice garden at the brewery. If anyone wants to grab a cold one sometime, let me know.

http://rentschbrewery.com/
HA, There are a few in and around Austin. I'll have to check out that one out next time I'm up that direction! Islla Street Brewing in San Antonio is off the chain too.
https://www.isllastreetbrewing.com/

Jeepjk16

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

i use to homebrew beer for about 5 years and it was an awesome experience. Homebrewing really expands your horizon, but some of those microbrewers out there make some awesome brews!

Reactions: FrontyFrank

Welding Goats

Rank V

Influencer I

Midland, TX, USA
Member #

Enjoying reading through this thread and finding out about what all is out there.

I have been using an iOS app called Untappd that lets me keep track of beers I have tried and even helps me find some new ones. If anyone on the forum uses the app and wants to be "friends", let me know.

Edited to include that they also have an Android app, Untappd for Android, and a website, Untappd - Drink Socially.

Last edited:

Jascra

Rank I

Contributor I

Loveland, Colorado, USA
Member #

Homebrewer here. I try to keep IPA's in stock for the better half, and myself, but ambers, reds, ESB's - those are my jams!

Wreak Havoc from Bootstrap Brewing might be the go to if I'm not seeing something new to try at the store.

Verboten Brewing is our top local watering hole. Walking distance is nice. Grimm Brothers Brewhouse is a regular stop when we put the cruiser bikes on the pavement.