• HTML tutorial

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

rails.jpg Hey All!

I have these great tie down rails built into the bed of my truck. I am wondering if anyone knows of a company building storage boxes, gas can holder, etc that would have the parts to attach right into the rails. It would be nice to be able to tighten the box itself down vs using ratchet straps.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be super appreciative!

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
The rails are the same size as unistrut that they sell at Lowe's and home depot. There are a bunch of different T nuts that fit into the track. I know in the past there were companies that made mounts for the frontier rails. You could also adapt a good ammout of the tacoma side rail products. As for the lower rails it would be custom as the frontier just are not as popular rig.

Disclaimer owned a 06 frontier with the bed rails.

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

Thanks! I know that there aren't a lot of Frontiers out there. That's why I like it! I am thinking I am going to have to build my own stuff. I was hoping to find some pre-built gear. Box, cooler, etc.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Remington_PRO4X
View attachment 63646 Hey All!
I have these great tie down rails built into the bed of my truck. I am wondering if anyone knows of a company building storage boxes, gas can holder, etc that would have the parts to attach right into the rails. It would be nice to be able to tighten the box itself down vs using ratchet straps.
If anyone has any ideas I'd be super appreciative!
I think this is gonna be a DIY project. I was able to find lots of different fittings for the Nissan Utili-track™ Channel System on both eBay and Amazon, but nothing that was a ready to go item except the few accessories sold for outrageous asking prices by Nissan. I'm not sure of the dimensions based on your Pic, but those look like they might be modified logistic track or L-Track. (Other pics I found when searching look more like standard L-track. https://nissanofdenverparts.com/media/images/ecatalog/catalogImages/1011/th_ttn-acc-lg-tiedown-cleat.jpg ) If so you can get all sorts of basic tiedown fixtures off Amazon and other sites. You might pick up a cheap L-Track Mount and see if it works. If the L-Track Fittings Do NOT work then you could remove the proprietary track and replace it with standard L-Track to give you a standard platform to build from. These ( http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratchet-Straps-Tie-Downs/L-Track-Stud-Fittings-Accessories/L-Track-Double-Lug-Threaded-Stud-Fitting ) make good anchor points for things like storage boxes and a Jerry can holder. You can get simple locking Jerry can holders from many good surplus shops add one of these on the bottom and side rail and you're set.

Tiedown points there are MANY options to choose from.

Boort

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington_PRO4X

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

@Remington_PRO4X

I think this is gonna be a DIY project. I was able to find lots of different fittings for the Nissan Utili-track™ Channel System on both eBay and Amazon, but nothing that was a ready to go item except the few accessories sold for outrageous asking prices by Nissan. I'm not sure of the dimensions based on your Pic, but those look like they might be modified logistic track or L-Track. (Other pics I found when searching look more like standard L-track. https://nissanofdenverparts.com/media/images/ecatalog/catalogImages/1011/th_ttn-acc-lg-tiedown-cleat.jpg ) If so you can get all sorts of basic tiedown fixtures off Amazon and other sites. You might pick up a cheap L-Track Mount and see if it works. If the L-Track Fittings Do NOT work then you could remove the proprietary track and replace it with standard L-Track to give you a standard platform to build from. These ( http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratchet-Straps-Tie-Downs/L-Track-Stud-Fittings-Accessories/L-Track-Double-Lug-Threaded-Stud-Fitting ) make good anchor points for things like storage boxes and a Jerry can holder. You can get simple locking Jerry can holders from many good surplus shops add one of these on the bottom and side rail and you're set.

Tiedown points there are MANY options to choose from.

Boort
You aren't kidding! The parts from Nissan are crazy! Thank you for the response! Super informative. I hadn't been able to figure out what they actual system is called. I think what I'd like to do would be to build or MacGyver a jerrycan holder (side or front of box) as well as use a bed divider. That may be the easiest solution to what I am trying to do. The goal is to be able to secure some Pelican (or if I am realistic Plano) boxes and a cooler.

https://www.cheapestfactoryparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-bed-divider-sliding-999t7br590?origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjw45_bBRD_ARIsAJ6wUXRbZi2zV0_9ARMdmFz1HHkTRbLuSzu0ARXNQLvriV7jQzSnDuRErwQaAsE_EALw_wcB