Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

That looks like a good adventure!
Maybe you can provide some general information about road usage and camping over there?
Considered a Baltic trip anyway and you just made me more curious ;-)

Reactions: Wranglervirus

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Nice video! Thanks for sharing, Tomas!

The baltic states have so much to offer for us overlanders. Be it culture and history. The region has an eventful history. For example, numerous castle ruins from the Middle Ages bear witness to the past. Or nature. Lithuania was already famous for its impenetrable forests in the Middle Ages. And of course the location at the Baltic Sea. And much more. All in all, a great area that has a lot to offer. Also nice for a transit with a few days stay on the way to Finnish Karelia or Russia.

Reactions: Wranglervirus

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Well our castles are just left over compered with West Europe it mostly do to big freeze in winter, it destroys everything that is not covered from water.

But still some places to visit. And we have really good roads comparing what was 29 year ago!

Nice video! Thanks for sharing, Tomas!

The baltic states have so much to offer for us overlanders. Be it culture and history. The region has an eventful history. For example, numerous castle ruins from the Middle Ages bear witness to the past. Or nature. Lithuania was already famous for its impenetrable forests in the Middle Ages. And of course the location at the Baltic Sea. And much more. All in all, a great area that has a lot to offer. Also nice for a transit with a few days stay on the way to Finnish Karelia or Russia.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

I will try to make separate post, is a bit complicated do to lack of law for overland and 4x4: there is no clear vision in writen form what is road.

That looks like a good adventure!
Maybe you can provide some general information about road usage and camping over there?
Considered a Baltic trip anyway and you just made me more curious ;-)

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I will try to make separate post, is a bit complicated do to lack of law for overland and 4x4: there is no clear vision in writen form what is road.
Thanks! That's why I asked, I read here and there and its a bit confusing because everyone says something different for Lithuania. But it seems to be a quite relaxed country when it comes to camping and stuff.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Well our castles are just left over compered with West Europe it mostly do to big freeze in winter, it destroys everything that is not covered from water.

But still some places to visit. And we have really good roads comparing what was 29 year ago!
Right, many ruins! But still interesting! Not only for people who are interested in history.

Reactions: MazeVX