Launch Member

Contributor I

Edmonton
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Szabadi
Member #

Has anyone attended the BC Overladn Rally? If , good or no good?
live in Edmonton and the distance betweent the Whistler even and the Plain, WA event are almost the same, wondering if anyone has feedback to help decide if this is something I should look into.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Been to both, I'd say the NWOR was better attended by both vendors and people (more "big name" overlander types attend the NWOR it seems, for what it's worth). It may not be a totally fair comparison as it poured rain throughout most of the BCOR at Whistler which seemed to keep people away. We've been to 2 BCOR rallies and 1 NWOR now. (We live in the Okanagan so travle time is pretty much the same for us too). If we go again next year, we'll go to the NWOR I think.

Enthusiast III

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

I know this is a little late as this was posted in 2019.
The BCOR is a good event, if you have the choice to go to the NWOR...it is a larger event and not that much further from Edmonton.
I have been to both and really enjoyed them and encourage you to go if you have not.
It inspired me to also create the Alberta Outdoor Adventure Expo in 2021.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I know this is a little late as this was posted in 2019.
The BCOR is a good event, if you have the choice to go to the NWOR...it is a larger event and not that much further from Edmonton.
I have been to both and really enjoyed them and encourage you to go if you have not.
It inspired me to also create the Alberta Outdoor Adventure Expo in 2021.
AFAK NWOR and BCOR have been canceled indefinitely…