Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

My son and I will be ready to roll Friday morning. Just give us a time and place.
Cool. I'll update the original post who's going on what day and then we can all coordinate the times and meeting places.

Last edited:

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
Friday from San Francisco. Don't know time yet but hope to beat the afternoon rush hour.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gary_Tsang

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Gatos, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Tsang
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6RHD
From Campbell, needs to make it tgere for the newbie class... so early.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mind if I ask about route and where y'all are headed? My brothers and I were hoping to find somewhere to hang a hammock Saturday night within 3-4 hours of San Fran.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

@Jeff Tyson Camp Edison @ Shaver Lake Sept 29,30. Between Yosemite NP (~1:25 min to Park entrance, 2Hrs to Valley Floor) and Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP (1Hr to Entrance)- 4WD trip to Bald mountain.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

@Jeff Tyson Camp Edison @ Shaver Lake Sept 29,30. Between Yosemite NP (~1:25 min to Park entrance, 2Hrs to Valley Floor) and Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP (1Hr to Entrance)- 4WD trip to Bald mountain.
Thanks man. I saw "leaving Friday" and thought it was this weekend. We're going to try and find somewhere to camp at Yosemite tomorrow night, but if we can't get set up there are plenty of public spots I found in the forests just north of there.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I am ideally wanting to roll out around 9-10 am from home, that should get us there somwhere between 2-3 with a stop somewhere in there or 2.

This is the route google is suggesting:
route to camp edison.JPG

We can make a meet point in the Gilroy area if that works ? I am not sure what route north bay people are taking so maybe something off of 5 is better for the leaving in the AM crowd.

Reactions: kkauweloa

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I'm thinking of heading down Thursday afternoon from Concord around 4pm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Connor Gibson

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Clara, CA
Member #

I am ideally wanting to roll out around 9-10 am from home, that should get us there somwhere between 2-3 with a stop somewhere in there or 2.

This is the route google is suggesting:
View attachment 34836

We can make a meet point in the Gilroy area if that works ? I am not sure what route north bay people are taking so maybe something off of 5 is better for the leaving in the AM crowd.
Meeting in Gilroy sounds good to me.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm heading to OTG from Tucson, AZ, but will be continuing on up to S.F. after the event. If there will be a return-trip convoy, I'd love to join it!

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures