(Bay Area, CA)Recommendations on camp spots, with fishing?

• HTML tutorial

Influencer II

Hello all,

I'm planning on making a camping trip with my friends and I'd like to take them wheeling to get to camp, and wake up the next morning to watch the sunrise while fishing.

Ideally, I'd like to camp right along the water, and be able to take them on a dirt trail to get to camp. Nothing too crazy as I will most likely be the only driver/rig, and will be in a stock 4runner.

Any recommendations?

I was thinking Alabama Hills, but there's not really a body of water...
Buttermilk Road, it's closed at the moment, from when I last went.. Does anyone know the current status of it?
Thanks

Lauroness

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairfield Ca
Member #

Were you looking to just disperse at a location? There are trail around Mendocino National Forest. There's a a body of water quite small "Letts Lake". It's quite easy to get to from either the west or east side of the forest. The lake does not allow motorized water crafts but you can canoe kayak and swim in it. It offers trout and I believe bass as well. I really like it because it not wild with boats and very calm.

Reactions: stoney126

Influencer II

Were you looking to just disperse at a location? There are trail around Mendocino National Forest. There's a a body of water quite small "Letts Lake". It's quite easy to get to from either the west or east side of the forest. The lake does not allow motorized water crafts but you can canoe kayak and swim in it. It offers trout and I believe bass as well. I really like it because it not wild with boats and very calm.
Most likely, just disperse around the body of water, close to camp. Then drive around go wheeling a bit, then get to a new camp site, or the same camp site.

I checked out Letts Lake with your recommendation, Looks sweet!

Are there any wheeling spots there? Any recommendations while I'm there?

Influencer II