Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

Hay all..

I am looking for a good place to get my batteries for my tent trailer. I am just breaking into the solar thing and to be honest I am finding the battery is the hardest part to get. I am looking to get an AGM deep with at least 150ah.

Looking for no cell service, no job schedule and no stress.
Bring on the camp fires and stary nights with friends and family.

JGribbs

Rank I

Contributor III

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gribbon
Hay all..

I am looking for a good place to get my batteries for my tent trailer. I am just breaking into the solar thing and to be honest I am finding the battery is the hardest part to get. I am looking to get an AGM deep with at least 150ah.

Looking for no cell service, no job schedule and no stress.
Bring on the camp fires and stary nights with friends and family.
Try Battery Battery

Sent from my SM-G950W using OB Talk mobile app

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hey Hapla, I think quite often people use marine purposed batteries. I dont have any places in mind but maybe opening your searches into boat batteries may lead you to something.

Goodluck!

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

I have had good luck with Penn batteries, they are also under the names of Dekka, Duracell, West Marine and a few more. Best price was Sams Club and Batteries Plus, highest price West at $100 more for same batt!
I run 2 group 31 AGMs with a Blue Seas battery link with a HD alt. that charges when on the road, 20A Xantrex Marine charger and a 125w solar system while camping that powers a 2000w pure sine wave inverter and all DC accessories.
One of the reasons I went with a “chain store” battery was if I have an issue while traveling I can deal with a warranty/ replacement on the road.

Reactions: AZBubs

fjk

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kitchener, ON
Member #

Maybe not relevant anymore: I recently installed the Genesis dual battery kit in my JK with 2 Odyssey PC1500 batteries from 4WP in Burlington. So far it does the job well -- runs my fridge all night without breaking a sweat thus far. Haven't really used them extensively for off-grid camping for extended periods yet, but that's coming this summer.