• HTML tutorial

SurfinTurfin

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

Hi All,

I'm a new member on Overland Bound but have been a longtime subscriber of the channel on YouTube. I've recently purchased a new Toyota Tacoma and am heading off on a surf/fishing/overland trip from Los Angeles to Baja. I'm gonna stick pretty close to the route which Michael did on his Baja trip. Wondering if anyone will be heading south in the month of July? My buddy and I will be leaving L.A. June 28th and are planning on coming back July 16th.

P.S. I have done Baja a handful of times, never going as far as this trip so any information you have will be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Reactions: Cam_Cam_Tech

SurfinTurfin

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA
Member #

Anyone ever have concerns or problems with cartel or bandits?

What precautions, if any, do you take?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
In my experience I have never had any problems, most of those issues come from the main border cities, which I NEVER hang around. Although the banditos hang out in other areas, I've yet to feel threatened at all. Places in LA scare me more. Always be alert, and have a plan to get out, regardless of if you're in Downtown LA or Mexico. That's how I think about it. Precaution wise, never leave the car unattended. Never travel at night, and like I said, have a plan if s*** hits the fan.

Dur66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Im planning a trip down there for two weeks. I think since everyone seems to do the Pacific side, I’m going to drive down the Gulf of California side first.
Durwin

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk