Baja California Mexico

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

BajaBetty

Rank III

Member III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Lory
Last Name
Perfect
Member #

Hola amigos! I see very little activity on this app for Baja California Mexico. I’m been exploring the backroads off Baja for 30+ years and I’m a gringa. If anyone has questions feel free to ask me. I’ll be posting some adventure routes soon. Baja is completely different than mainland Mexico. Adios

barjona

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Bernardo
Last Name
Arjona
Hi Betty, I’m just getting into overlanding (selling my Tesla and getting either a forester or Crosstrek). I surf quite a bit and want to explore taking some trips down to Baja. Do you have any tips for getting started, or more surf oriented trips?

Reactions: MMc

BajaBetty

Rank III

Member III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Lory
Last Name
Perfect
Member #

Hi Betty, I’m just getting into overlanding (selling my Tesla and getting either a forester or Crosstrek). I surf quite a bit and want to explore taking some trips down to Baja. Do you have any tips for getting started, or more surf oriented trips?
Hola sorry I just saw this! Yes lots of places to surf on the Pacific side. U may have already researched good spots. Lookup Cuatro Casas Hostel. Can camp right in front on cliff overlooking Pacific. Do not just camp anywhere on coast or by yourself. I have a Subi crosstrek & a gen3 4Runner. I led a trip last week south for 3nights it was a blast.

San Miguel playa in El Sausalito is a ok beach for surfing too. If taking a Subi south have a good spare not that little donut tire, Be fully self contained for traveling in Baja. Ru going to either of the Overland Expos? I’ll be at both Loveland & Flagstaff.

oeb0630

Rank III

Contributor II

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Hi Betty - thank you for posting this. I am beginning the preliminary planning session for a 7-10 day baja experience next spring......I think I am going to have A LOT of questions.....

BajaBetty

Rank III

Member III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Lory
Last Name
Perfect
Member #

Well I can assist for sure. Are you going to Overland Expo in Colorado or Flagstaff? I'll be presenting at both events so we could chat.

oeb0630

Rank III

Contributor II

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Well I can assist for sure. Are you going to Overland Expo in Colorado or Flagstaff? I'll be presenting at both events so we could chat.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend either. I can DM you here with some questions, or if you would prefer to DM me better contact info (email or phone#) if that is more efficient for you.