Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

WestSlopeAdventure-7030023.jpg

A year ago I set myself a goal to find and photograph a West Slope Cutthroat Trout in Oregon. While this was not an impossible task as proven by the image above, it nevertheless involved plenty of research of the historical range of this special fish. The many miles of travel and the hours spent studying maps and satellite images of mountain streams finally paid off this past holiday weekend. The stars aligned, the conditions were perfect and my goal was triumphantly attained.

While this accomplishment will forever have a place in fond memory, the adventure itself added to my confidence for solo travel on the back roads of Oregon. Again, pushing myself out of my preconceived comfort zones and expanding my respect and love of our great state. I truly live in a remarkable place; a place filled with history, beauty and glimpses of the America we all remember in every small town along those backroads and dusty trails.

WestSlopeAdventure-1607.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1669.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1283.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1314.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1238.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1901.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1676.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1765.jpg

WestSlopeAdventure-1653.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1353.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1888.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1885.jpg
WestSlopeAdventure-1876.jpg
I hope you enjoyed this brief visit to Oregon's John Day area. See you on the backroads!