Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Back-country Discovery Routes – Utah/Colorado. All of our organized trips are family friendly and companions, kids, and dogs are encouraged to attend.
Doesn't matter what you drive, come join us for an epic expedition exploring Utah and/or Colorado.

This trip comes in 3 options: A.) Week 1 only – BDR - Utah (south to north border) – July 1-9, 2022; B.) Week 2 only – BDR - Colorado (north to south border) – July 9-16, 2022; C.) Weeks 1 & 2 – BDR Utah and Colorado (full circle) – July 1-16, 2022

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
This looks like a great time! Thanks for putting it on! Let me know if I can do anything to help. I will pencil it in and see if I can manage it at least in part.

@Tom Cole, presently the Rally Point is not allowing anyone else to RSVP. Is that your intent? If I recall, you need to change this on the page where you do invites. If you're not able to find it you can add me as an admin temporarily and I'll update it for you.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Neal A. Tew Thanks for letting me know! Try it again now. I did set the max RSVP to 25 when I created it. Today it was 0. I've reset it to 25 RSVPs and saved it. Please let me know if it works.
That did it. You now have a 25 RSVP limit with a Rig limit of 8.

Do you have the routes where you can share them for those that aren't familiar?

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Interstingly enough you asked... I uploaded all three routes (Utah S->N, Colorado N->S, and the connector route from UT to CO. But when I look at the Rally Point, I'm not sure where these are available to download or view. I'm a rookie at creating Rally Points. Let me look again.

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Interstingly enough you asked... I uploaded all three routes (Utah S->N, Colorado N->S, and the connector route from UT to CO. But when I look at the Rally Point, I'm not sure where these are available to download or view. I'm a rookie at creating Rally Points. Let me look again.
OK, I see that it only allows me to upload only 1 route, not 3; my bad. Let me combine the routes in GAIA into a single GPX file, then upload that one.
BTW, the GPX files are available on BDR's website for download. And actually... these files are most current because they are constantly updated based on driver/rider feedback on route changes, conditions, etc.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
OK, I see that it only allows me to upload only 1 route, not 3; my bad. Let me combine the routes in GAIA into a single GPX file, then upload that one.
BTW, the GPX files are available on BDR's website for download. And actually... these files are most current because they are constantly updated based on driver/rider feedback on route changes, conditions, etc.
Yes, I believe I may have them on Gaia already. I was mainly concerned for others, especially any newbies. Also, these tracks can be shared on the Overland Bound One app map.

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Great trip. I would like to go, but not sure about the dates. We might have a family wedding or friends from Texas coming up to camp

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I'm trying to get a little better feel for the trip, at least for the Colorado portion....Are you running this EXACTLY as designed for the route and miles, etc? And what kind of overnight stays? Camping I'm guessing? Dispersed or Campground? Thx

Reactions: Tom Cole

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I am going to say "IN" for week 2 portion, and am still curious regarding my questions above.

Reactions: Tom Cole

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

I'm trying to get a little better feel for the trip, at least for the Colorado portion....Are you running this EXACTLY as designed for the route and miles, etc? And what kind of overnight stays? Camping I'm guessing? Dispersed or Campground? Thx
The plan is to run the 'latest' route available at the time of the trip as posted from BDR group. They post any last minutes changes or detours due to weather or road conditions. Camping will be dispersed along the route.
I've prepared a Trip Guide I will send out to those that "signed up" - which is nothing more than click the "I'll Attend" button. I'll PM each of you for your email address to get you the guide and answer your questions.

Fiftyfifty

Rank III

Traveler III

Evansville, IN, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Ricketts
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I am in. My son Max will be with me. He is a good kiddo, used to traveling and hanging with the guys. I have ridden the COBDR from four corners to steamboat on a dirtbike in 2017. Please let me know if the kiddo will bother anyone, and I’ll plan something else. Rig is pretty capable. Max is 10

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

I am in. My son Max will be with me. He is a good kiddo, used to traveling and hanging with the guys. I have ridden the COBDR from four corners to steamboat on a dirtbike in 2017. Please let me know if the kiddo will bother anyone, and I’ll plan something else. Rig is pretty capable. Max is 10
FiftyFifty, My trips are family friendly, so Max is absolutely welcome.

Reactions: Fiftyfifty