axle tube seal for Rubicon Recon front axle available?

• HTML tutorial

Frisko

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Höfingen, Leonberg, Germany
First Name
Johannes
Last Name
Droigk
Member #

Hi Folks,

I recently bought a 2018 JKU Rubicon Recon (stock from factory) and the "upgrade" phase will beginn soon :). One of my dealers, which I have asked for an offer for this modification told me, that upgrading the Recon front axle with axle tube seals is not possible and I am wondering if that is really true. The JK is the European version, but as far as I know there is no difference in the front axle between the European and the US version. I have tried to find out, which axle is used in the Recon edition and according to a thread in wayalife.com it is probably the D44HD/J8 from Mopar (with Mopar PN P5160036). I have asked the dealer for a more detailed explanation, why he is telling, that such an upgrade is not possible and still waiting for the answer. But I can hardly believe, that there is no suitable insert available, which fits to the Recon front axle.

So the question is, do we have Rubicon Recon drivers here, which have upgraded their front axle with an axle tube seal and if so, what kind of axle tube seal was used, the regular one, which also fits to the standard Rubicon front axle or is there a special axle tube seal version needed?

Thanks for your feedback
Johannes

Reactions: Neal A. Tew