Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
I'm new to the awning world. I recently picked up an ARB 2000 awning with the detachable room and was wondering what the best place to mount it on my Prinsu rack?

I'm installing the rack and the awning Saturday.

Driver side? Passenger side?

2015 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Thanks for the input!

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I'm new to the awning world. I recently picked up an ARB 2000 awning with the detachable room and was wondering what the best place to mount it on my Prinsu rack?

2015 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Thanks for the input!
I run my ARB 2500 on the drivers side with three Prinsu awning mounts.

Attachments

Reactions: Staticline40

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

We wanted a batwing but it wouldnt work with our setup.
Also replacement parts for the ARB are cheap and easy to install. We bent one of the arms and fixed it for around 15$.

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

2015 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Thanks for the input!
So I did my ARB 2000 on the driver’s side because I access that side more often. We attach a tent to the awning for camp. This way I have a covered area from the tent to my truck in the mornings.View attachment 94413

Last edited:

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Does anyone know of a way to mount (Jeep jku) without a roof rack? I want to install an awning yet don't want to invest in a rack right now and create hassles with the soft top.

Reactions: Ubiety

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Does anyone know of a way to mount (Jeep jku) without a roof rack? I want to install an awning yet don't want to invest in a rack right now and create hassles with the soft top.
Probably can be done if you’re not against drilling holes in the hardtop :expressionless::unamused:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Noob suspension lift questions... I have a 2017 JKU Rubicon and want to eventually fit 35s on it. I see that anywhere between 2.5 and 3.5 inch lift would be required. 90% of my Jeep time is daily driving so retaining road manners is a must. I have started looking at different lifts available and am bewildered by the choices available (and prices). I'd rather keep a lower center of gravity with lots of flex for those times when I need it. I am not a rock crawler but don't avoid challenges either. Any advice on good brands/lifts/etc.? The choices have me spinning in an endless loop... Thanks!

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Probably can be done if you’re not against drilling holes in the hardtop :expressionless::unamused:
Not opposed to drilling, I just don't have a hardtop to drill into. Looking for some type of frame-style railing system to have something to drill into. As long as it doesn't impede dropping the top.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Noob suspension lift questions... I have a 2017 JKU Rubicon and want to eventually fit 35s on it. I see that anywhere between 2.5 and 3.5 inch lift would be required. 90% of my Jeep time is daily driving so retaining road manners is a must. I have started looking at different lifts available and am bewildered by the choices available (and prices). I'd rather keep a lower center of gravity with lots of flex for those times when I need it. I am not a rock crawler but don't avoid challenges either. Any advice on good brands/lifts/etc.? The choices have me spinning in an endless loop... Thanks!
I installed a Rough Country 3.25” w shocks on my step son’s 2008. He’s running 35’s and it rides straight down the road. Not top of the line by any means but it works for him.

Reactions: Ubiety

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Not opposed to drilling, I just don't have a hardtop to drill into. Looking for some type of frame-style railing system to have something to drill into. As long as it doesn't impede dropping the top.
Some of those racks available do pivot so you can fold the top back

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I ran 35s with 3.5 inch lift for a while. The Jeep is my daily driver and handles great on and offroad. I went with Rock Krawler 3.5 xfactor with Bilstein 5100s. I just recently upgraded the front axle, gears, lockers front and rear and went to 37s and it still handles just fine for a daily. The first picture was 3.5lift and 35s on stock wheels with 1..5 Spidertrax hub and wheel centric spacers. The second picture is sitting on 37s with the roof rack, same lift, and MetalCloak Hardline fenders
IMG_2393.JPG
20190118_075455.jpg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Thanks all and sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Pre-coffee confusion? Have a great weekend all!