Auxbeam, you get what you pay for.

• HTML tutorial

RockU

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bought 2 12in light bars from auxbeam. They were the perfect size for where I wanted to mount them. They were only 40 bucks or something+ cost of the wiring harness.

LEDs are dying, and the lights haven't even been mounted to my truck for a month yet.

20190131_211726.jpg 20190212_081728.jpg

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Thats terrible. I heard some good reviews about Auxbeam. I may steer clear of them now.

RockU

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Thats terrible. I heard some good reviews about Auxbeam. I may steer clear of them now.
I also heard good things about them, so I thought that if I'm getting cheap China lights, I might as well go for auxbeam.

I wasn't super impressed with them to begin with. They didn't throw the light very far.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

LEDs aren't ready for prime-time, unless you pay big money... Just ask the Baja 1000 race teams... This is a perfect example of why lockers should be before lights... Thankful I have 0 LEDs on my cars, only 15 year old incandescent light bulbs...

James

RockU

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

LEDs aren't ready for prime-time, unless you pay big money... Just ask the Baja 1000 race teams... This is a perfect example of why lockers should be before lights... Thankful I have 0 LEDs on my cars, only 15 year old incandescent light bulbs...

James
These lights havnt seen any abuse at all. My truck wear many hats, primarily it's my daily driver. These lights have never seen mud, been submerged or things like that. They just been lighting up the road for me on my way to work in the morning.

I know, you get what you pay for. But less than a month before they start failing (no leaks or fogging btw) is unacceptable.

Besides, already have diff locks. Even if I didn't, I drive on back roads in the dark, for at least an hour, every day. Lights comes first for me.

Reactions: Baipin

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Sorry, not what I meant... It’s not about abuse, it’s about normal wear and tear, and the made in China LEDs can’t take it in my experience... they are junk. No way am I trusting cheap electronics to light my way in the dark. Filaments are still the way to go unless you have tons of money for lights.

James

Trusty JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culver City, CA, USA
Member #

Bought 2 12in light bars from auxbeam. They were the perfect size for where I wanted to mount them. They were only 40 bucks or something+ cost of the wiring harness.

LEDs are dying, and the lights haven't even been mounted to my truck for a month yet.

View attachment 85471 View attachment 85472

Hey I hate to hear that, the very first addition/modification I did to my jeep was add a 50" Auxbean Light bar. That was about 3 years ago, I paid $150 not including the mounting brackets. Ive had no issues since Ive had it, it also has a daytime running light feature. With this feature it basically comes on when the headlights come on. Almost like Dully lights so outside of off road use it does run that DRL at night. I also just installed LED halos from Auxbeam late last year so far no issues. It may have just been a defective set of lights or that model of lights they may have not done a very good job in making those. Good Luck...

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

Don’t run mine daily, but it has lasted about 2+ years and I would just buy another if it were to fail. I do have a little condensation in there, but doesn’t impact the output of light at all (my stock headlights just developed condensation as well so can’t be mad if a $30 bar does). Also this light is VERY bright, I can’t imagine someone needing anything brighter. It is a dual flood/spot beam as well, hopefully the pics help:

Here it is just above my front bumper
Driving in recent snow storm
Lighting up my campsite when setting up at night:

Hope this helps, can get more pics if needed!

- Mike