Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Beach, Georgina, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Can anyone tell if vehicles are allowed on ATV trails . I was in Bancroft area looking for a backwoods lake I fished many years ago. I am sure I was in the right area but what I think was a two track road then was now a marked ATV trail. I followed it for quite some distance but couldn’t find the lake. I thought later about being allowed on the trail. I am going to buy Backroad map book which I hope will help me find the lake. There are many in the area. Just liked being off road for a few hours. Some Four Wheel ATVs passed but didn’t seem to mind my being there.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Check with the local Chamber, any local bike shops, the local Fish and Game, Rod and Gun Clubs.
These are often maintained by local enthusiasts and they will let you know if you are welcome.
There might be a 4x4 route to the same place.... or a better place.

scanny

Rank I

Contributor III

Ontario
I always assume that if there's no prohibiting signs or gates I'm allowed to drive there. If ATV club marked trail they could have put sign "ATV only" "to cars and trucks" or something like that. I don't like drive on ATV trails thought, they are often very narrow and after awhile you can reach narrow ATV bridge, trees too close to fit or something like this. And there's no much room to turn around : )
I guess if we generally don't mind ATV driving on 4x4 trails some of which are maintained by 4x4 clubs, most ATV guys don't mind 4x4 driving ATV trails.

Reactions: Bluegrass rules