Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
Will there be power to recharge batteries? I've got a 7300 and a 15 ah battery for pota but would need to charge to cover the whole thing

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

We will likely have a generator for daytime operations, batteries at night. There are RV sites in the campground with power hookups though we will be in tent camping sites.
The plan currently is to have 3 HF radios set up and operating on 10m, 15m, 20m, and 40m. There are a couple of options; do you have an antenna for a different band? If so we might be able to find room for it. We will have some room but try to limit interaction between stations. You could swap your radio in place of one of our radios when you operate. Or you could set up at the other end of the campground and operate your own FD station. There is a TX Off Road Amateur Radio club that may do a FD setup, they are doing winter field day and it will depend on how that goes. A lot of the members are based out of DFW so I will keep an eye out and pass along the info so perhaps you don't have to drive all the way past OKC.

Reactions: KD7WCD and M Rose

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Are you guys going to operate under one call sign?

I won't be able to make it there but I am hoping to set up on a mountain top somewhere in AZ. It may depend on where the fires are and what restrictions are in place.

I'll try to reach you guys on HF. During the day I can usually reach into that part of the country on 20M.

Hopefully the band will improve for Field Day.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I probably won't be running the 20m station so if you do find us tell the operator to tell Jon (that's me) that you said hello.

Reactions: KD7WCD

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My club will be calling CQ on every band (except 160m) as W7GRA. Also the Spout Springs Repeater Association (Tri-Cities Washington), who also has a lot of OB members will be operating as WF7S.
I hope to hear you on air. If you hear any of the two stations just mention you are also an Overland Bound Member.