Arkansas Big Piney Rd area

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI

Advocate III

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

This past weekend @ArkansasTerry organized and got a group of us together and we went out into the Ozark National Forest for some camping, offroading and good fellowship. Friday morning everyone who could met up and traveled up Hwy 7 north of Russelville to Hwy 123 and then cut over west on 123 to Big Piney Road, also known as Car Wash Falls. This road follows the Big Piney Creek and offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the area.

Where you turn to go on the road there is a beautiful scenic view from the old, one lane bridge.

IMG_4926.JPEG
IMG_4928.JPEG
You turn down the road and within a 1/4 mile you are encountering the crossing of the creek.

After going through the water crossing and around a couple farms you encounter car wash falls. It is a beautiful small waterfall that comes down on your vehicle. The road then follows the creek and offers very beautiful scenery.

IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5563.JPG
A few miles up the road we arrive at camp. What a beautiful spot next to the water!

IMG_5527.JPG
Nice drone shot...

IMG_5566.JPG
Such blue water! Awesome campsite.

IMG_5521.JPG IMG_5525.JPG IMG_5548.JPG IMG_5526.JPG

We adventured out and did some trails winding through the Ozarks from here at base camp. Traveled north to Jasper to eat lunch at the famous Ozark Cafe. The fog was unbelievable and it took a while to get there.

Coming back we took a nice water crossing...

Then hit up a nice road and FR1202A which was a pretty gnarly trail. I can still hear the branches ripping the paint of the FJ...lol

IMG_4886.JPEG IMG_4906.JPEG IMG_4912.JPEG

That night the freezing fog moved into camp getting most everything wet inside and out. The temps got down into the 20's which froze everything we had that was outside. My dishtowel from the night before was hard as a rock. lol

IMG_5553.JPG
All in all it was an awesome trip. We had a great time. Met some amazing people who all can't wait to get together to do it again. #makingmemories

There are several more guys here on OB that were on this trip so I'm sure they have more pics and input to share. More videos are added on my YouTube Channel of the trails which is here...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFyOTq62vN-848VcdAyFn_aHPyKKQD4K9

I will post the routes that I recorded at the bottom of the attached files. This is a beautiful area that we will always use as a "go to" for warm weather as the coolness of the water will benefit and help during hot days.

Special thanks to @ArkansasTerry for organizing this trip and making it possible for all of us to get together. We are already planning on doing it all again in the spring.

Oh, and on the way out, while airing my tires back up I couldn't help but to stop and pick up some more trash lol #trailguardian

Attachments

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI

Advocate III

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

OUTSTANDING! I was going to try this trip this weekend but with all the rain we got today, I'm not sure.
We went down this road on Saturday. Apparently they have had several recent storms and there were many trees down with 2 completely blocking the road. I noticed side by side tracks going around and we were able to making it through in the FJ's but it was definitely a challenge.

HitList

Rank I

Contributor I

Ward, Arkansas
Member #

We went down this road on Saturday. Apparently they have had several recent storms and there were many trees down with 2 completely blocking the road. I noticed side by side tracks going around and we were able to making it through in the FJ's but it was definitely a challenge.
Understood, sir. Thank you for the caution! I went on Friday down the Winona Auto Trail for a quick trip. Was setting up camp when a small Black bear with either a red or orange collar came walking down the road! It was an eventful trip for sure!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI

Advocate III

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Understood, sir. Thank you for the caution! I went on Friday down the Winona Auto Trail for a quick trip. Was setting up camp when a small Black bear with either a red or orange collar came walking down the road! It was an eventful trip for sure!
Nice. Always cool to see the bears out there. There are tons of roads to explore around that area. We have been to most. It is so beautiful and peaceful out there.