Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

I have plans to do the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) in April leaving Texas April 4th and back in Texas on April 13th.
It is a 750- mile route that runs from the border up to Utah, here is a link for more info Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) Map & Information
I may do more if there is time after the trail.

Looking to see if anyone wants to accompany me and a buddy along the rout.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
That looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing the opportunity with us.

It would be a long shot for me, but I'm going to follow along just in case.

Reactions: csacco

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
It's something on my bucket list. Hope I can make it. Will follow thread.

Randy.Hill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rumford, RI
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Hill
Member #

Thanks for posting this. Going to be down in Arizona next week (road trip from Rhode Island) and looking for some ideas for things to do.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Looks like I'm out as I can't make that time frame. Have fun!

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Not sure if you have done the AZBDR before or not me and my daughter did it in June, we weren't rushing at all and blow thru it in 4 days FYI

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

Not sure if you have done the AZBDR before or not me and my daughter did it in June, we weren't rushing at all and blow thru it in 4 days FYI
I have not done it before, and that is good to know that will give us more to do then.
May I ask how it was and are there any pointers you have? Did you camp the whole way?

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
When comparing it to the stuff I have done in CO and UT it was pretty easy. I was with my 17yr old daughter solo and drive a mostly stock 2017 Tacoma with KM3 tires and rock sliders and never ran into anything that was very difficult in my opinion. We did both camp and stay at a hotel here and there. You can download the gps tracks for bdr site if you haven't already and the paper map has it broke down section by section with hotels, gas, food and camping sites. you can get that on amazon 15 bucks. There where 1000 cattle gates to go thru

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
this was a cool little spot Its a state park campground but it was still very interesting Volcano crater

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

When comparing it to the stuff I have done in CO and UT it was pretty easy. I was with my 17yr old daughter solo and drive a mostly stock 2017 Tacoma with KM3 tires and rock sliders and never ran into anything that was very difficult in my opinion. We did both camp and stay at a hotel here and there. You can download the gps tracks for bdr site if you haven't already and the paper map has it broke down section by section with hotels, gas, food and camping sites. you can get that on amazon 15 bucks. There where 1000 cattle gates to go thru
Would you recommend it?

BPCLFD

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sellersburg, IN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Well I would put it in the check the box category. the 1st 1/2 doesn't have much to write home about the cater was pretty COO tho. The 2nd half is much more my speed Grand Canyon area and Marble Canyon area. What we did was run the whole thing in 4 days then head over to Zion fro some hiking then head off road to Moab. I recall looking over to my daughter and saying well 4hour in UT just blow away 4 days in AZ but we love mountains

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have plans to do the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) in April leaving Texas April 4th and back in Texas on April 13th.
It is a 750- mile route that runs from the border up to Utah, here is a link for more info Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) Map & Information
I may do more if there is time after the trail.

Looking to see if anyone wants to accompany me and a buddy along the rout.
By any chance do you know if the AZBDR covers part of the AZ Peace Trail in western AZ? www.arizonapeacetrail.org