Areas of expertise

• HTML tutorial

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

I would be interested to have an area in your profile that can display a members area of expertise that they are willing to contribute to the greater good. For instance, if a member is gifted with chainsaw skills, fabrication, motors, electrical, comms, navigation, medical, recovery / rescue. I think this would be beneficial in knowing who you can ask questions or how to build a well equipped adventure team. This concept works extremely well in the fire service where we send resources (usually 5 rigs and a chief) across the state in the form of "strike teams". We are essentially overlanding until we arrive on scene and go to work at the fire.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I would be interested to have an area in your profile that can display a members area of expertise that they are willing to contribute to the greater good. For instance, if a member is gifted with chainsaw skills, fabrication, motors, electrical, comms, navigation, medical, recovery / rescue. I think this would be beneficial in knowing who you can ask questions or how to build a well equipped adventure team. This concept works extremely well in the fire service where we send resources (usually 5 rigs and a chief) across the state in the form of "strike teams". We are essentially overlanding until we arrive on scene and go to work at the fire.
@Corrie let me know that "adding the ability to specify more on the profile level" is definitely part of the software development plan.

We've talked about adding vehicle type for example, as a tag in one's profile so other members can more easily search and find you if they want to discuss something. I'll add Areas of Expertise/Specific Skills and mention this post to her.

Admin is working on a mess of interesting new stuff for members. Membership is growing fast, things are happening fast, and they'd like to put the right software processes into place that can be easily scaled to accommodate future growth.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

YESSSSS. This is 100% on our software roadmap. Thanks for following up, @Road. :)

Right now we're in a design overhaul process for the map. We're improving its functionality and outlining additional resources such as trail detail, organized clean ups, live events, overland specific repair shops, etc.

We're just starting to work on improving member profiles. Adding vehicle and expertise details to help connect people is a direction we're actively pursuing. :)

Please keep sending suggestions our way! Q2 2018 is about laying out the foundation and developing with a goal to push mega features live Q3.

Corrie