Launch Member

Member III

Anderson, SC
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Slatton
Member #

Great video and very well said. Sorry for the loss of your friend. That track is awesome. You should get his music out to the masses.

Reactions: Murphy Slaw

EricB72

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wynnewood, PA
Member #

Michael, this perfectly sums it up, and is exactly why I joined Overland Bound. Thank you for the video and creating such a great community!

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Thanks first of all, for the clarification, or explanation of the general idea that anyone can do this. That's what I love best about the community.

Also, thanks for giving a glimpse into your friend David's talents. I'm gonna be buying some of their music now. Really liked it. Hope it can help those around him, even in some small way.

Song - Enemy You "Adios (To You)"

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

I love every about this post and the article/video it's referring to. As a single dad and recently retired from the military while taking care of my mother I don't have a lot of time to get out. I felt there was/is the judgement from other "crews" about my skill level, my ride(until recently was a 2012 F150) or how much time I have spent doing one thing or another. I hated that feeling.

Maybe it was my own insecurities, maybe it wasn't; what I do know is, I haven't felt this welcome since I earned my fish(those who know get it).

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. PTSD is a very real and scary thing my thoughts and prayers are with him.

...With you all for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

Great video! that's why I love being up here on Nantucket, everyday I can choose to take a detour down some random dirt road/ trail and even then it's freeing compared to being stuck in bumper to bumper back in GA where I don't make the time to hit the trails. So far my 2yr old is loving it here when we take our detours.

Ric

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Walnut creek, ca
Member #

Michael submitted an Article on the main site!

Are You an Overlander?

It's an interesting question I heard in passing. One I really didn't expect. What do you need to drive? What makes a trip and "overland trip"? I'll take a crack at answering the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.
Thx for this video.... I have always loved driving, any excuse to get out and hit the road for an hour... A day...a week..... But lately... It has not been enuff I just can't scratch that itch anymore....I don't know if it's the traffic, or the people, or just the mess of run down depressing buildings...but I have felt this tension building up in me.. A tension that just blasting down the highway used to relieve...but I have found the answer... It started looking for off the grid property to buy. Something to build a cabin on, to escape.
Then the realization that I need a 4x4 to reach a lot of the property, and that the answer was in the journey, not the destination.
Getting off the road...leaving the road rage behind, and finding my own path, the path less traveled.
Finally brings peace.

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

Great video that's why I love being up here on Nantucket, everyday I can choose to take a detour down some random dirt road/ trail and even then it's freeing compared to being stuck in bumper to bumper back in GA where I don't make the time to hit the trails. So far my 2yr old is loving it here when we take our detours.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Think I need to watch this on a daily basis to remind me to get out there more... read the attached post for the first time today... certainly gives perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bigsteve31

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Whittier ca
Member #

Yes thank you you are the guys I need to hang out with my local club has meetings once a month I go to look at trucks and meet people these guys only pay attention to the trucks that are hundred thousand dollar build and take pictures of them they do not even pay attention to the handful of us guys Who put there blood sweat and tears whatever money we have to build our vehicles they post pictures and videos on YouTube and it’s funny because they walk right by our vehicles and purposely edit out or trucks just to show their trucks and their friends it sucks it has to be that way us real guys Will keep doing our thing see you on the trails

Reactions: SubeeBen