Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Question guys. I'm going to be installing my 2.5" HD OME lift in the next couple of weeks and will be usuing 35" tires on stock Rubicon wheels. Are wheel spacers required since i don't have any offset like some of the rims can be ordered with. Also I see they have 1.25", 1.5", and 1.75" would it be a problem or have any issues if I wanted the wider 1.75". Thanks for any advice on these.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

By the time you buy a proper set of spacers you can spend another 100 to get a new set of steel rims with the proper offset. Spacers have come along way but i still think they are a bad idea most because they cause premature wear of parts.

Reactions: Jose

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
By the time you buy a proper set of spacers you can spend another 100 to get a new set of steel rims with the proper offset. Spacers have come along way but i still think they are a bad idea most because they cause premature wear of parts.
Spacers wouldn't be any different than wheels with a equally positive offset when it comes to wheel bearing wear. I never wanted to run spacers but when I added another 1.25-1.75" of lift with independent suspension the wheels sucked right in. Now I'm waiting for my 25mm spacers to get here.

Reactions: O.Dfj and Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I here ya on the steel wheel timberwolf and price wise but I'm not a big fan of them. I use to have some 8 holes on a 92 YJ back in the days and they got rusted on me pretty quick. Also the amount of money that I would like to spend on some nice Methods I think I'll be able to get the spacers and some extra gear for the jeep. I also like the stock wheels look on the Rubi. Thanks though for the heads up and info.[emoji106]

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Spacers wouldn't be any different than wheels with a equally positive offset when it comes to wheel bearing wear. I never wanted to run spacers but when I added another 1.25-1.75" of lift with independent suspension the wheels sucked right in. Now I'm waiting for my 25mm spacers to get here.
I just bit the bullet on a set of the 1.5" Spydertrax spacers and I think that will be more than enough to not have any rubbing when turning the wheels either direction. Thanks wawa for the info also. I'm hoping they get here by this Thursday cause I'm leaving to Miami for Thanksgiving and wouldn't want them just hanging out on my front porch for someone to come by and snatch up. Lol

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I run 1.5 spacers with the stock rubi wheels. I recheck torque at 100 then 500 miles. @Narbob runs the same as well with no issues .

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I just bit the bullet on a set of the 1.5" Spydertrax spacers and I think that will be more than enough to not have any rubbing when turning the wheels either direction. Thanks wawa for the info also. I'm hoping they get here by this Thursday cause I'm leaving to Miami for Thanksgiving and wouldn't want them just hanging out on my front porch for someone to come by and snatch up. Lol
Haha. Mine are supposed to get here Friday and I won't be home this weekend either. I've heard nothing but good things about Spydertrax which I believe it the key with spacers. Spend the extra money for quality hub centric examples. I had a bit of difficulty locating the correct hub size in the width I wanted but found and ordered H&R.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Haha. Mine are supposed to get here Friday and I won't be home this weekend either. I've heard nothing but good things about Spydertrax which I believe it the key with spacers. Spend the extra money for quality hub centric examples. I had a bit of difficulty locating the correct hub size in the width I wanted but found and ordered H&R.
Sweet!!! I found mine on Northridge4x4 and gave the JK Forum code and got and extra $22 off the price for the set of 4. They are pretty good on shipping stuff fast so I'm just waiting for that ding on my phone to let me know they shipped and hopefully here by Friday. Lol

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I run 1.5 spacers with the stock rubi wheels. I recheck torque at 100 then 500 miles. @Narbob runs the same as well with no issues .
Thanks Stoney for the head up on that I'll definitely keep my eye on that and do as the instructions say. [emoji106][emoji106]

atcbrad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Jose, you have to let me know how the OME install and ride are. I decided to wait because I didn't really want to mess with all the extras involved with a lift, but haven't counted it out entirely. After taking mine out on the trail this weekend and realizing I'm not sitting up as high as I was before the rack and all the other stuff inside, I won't be able to run trails comfortably towing a trailer. I need to do something, just can't make up my mind if a lift is the way to go.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Jose, you have to let me know how the OME install and ride are. I decided to wait because I didn't really want to mess with all the extras involved with a lift, but haven't counted it out entirely. After taking mine out on the trail this weekend and realizing I'm not sitting up as high as I was before the rack and all the other stuff inside, I won't be able to run trails comfortably towing a trailer. I need to do something, just can't make up my mind if a lift is the way to go.
Will do brother. I'll keep you posted, I'm heading down to Miami to visit family fort Thanksgiving and me and my old man are going to build the 2-3 tier storage cabinet for the back of the Jeep and leave space for the ARB freezer that I have measurements for. So it's probably going to be about 2 week after that I install it and hit some trails out here in Ocala National Forest to see how it does. I know for sure I can't go in some deep stuff or ruts cause I know I bottom out but I should be golden with this lift when installed. Just o lay waiting for the Gobie Stealth Rack to come in. Also will be on my stock tires for a bit until I decide which tires to get. lol decisions, decisions, decisions.

Reactions: atcbrad

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Been running 1.5 inch spacer/adapters for 75K miles with no issues. Was the only way I could get a common lug pattern rather than the oddball the truck came with.

I actually just put some 1 inch on the Trans Am since I could not find the offset I wanted.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Ditto. I'm running spacers on 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers because I wanted to use the stock Hard Rock rims. No problems at all as long as you get a quality set.

Maxterra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West Haven, Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Horting
Member #

I'm running 2" hub centric units on the rear of my Xterra with 35's so the rear better matches the width of my front since I did the Titan swap (mid travel setup, about +3" wider per side) and no issues!
Red-loctited the lug nuts for the adapters to hub mounting, and they've never loosened, and I've never had any issues!

Gotta admit, I was a little apprehensive going into this setup, but no worries now[emoji41][emoji592]

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Nice!! Guys. Just got confirmation that the Spydertrax spacers will be here tomorrow. So glad for this cause I was leaving to Miami next week and wouldn't want them just hanging out on my front porch. Lol