Are there quality 270 degree Awnings that allow clearance for ........

• HTML tutorial

Gary Bzzz

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder, CO
Member #

Does anyone know if there is a good 270 awning choice that will allow clearance for the rear hatch to open fully on a 2017 4Runner - it seems to me that the rear door would extend into the awning when open?

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Does anyone know if there is a good 270 awning choice that will allow clearance for the rear hatch to open fully on a 2017 4Runner - it seems to me that the rear door would extend into the awning when open?
I have been looking into the same thing and haven't found much. The best option I have found and what I think I will go with is the EEZI-AWN Manta. It looks like the panel that is at the rear of the vehicle could be folded back into the awning to allow the rear lift gate to be opened then put back out when the gate is closed but I don't think I will be able to have the lift gate and the awning open at the same time .

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Use anybody's 270 awning and the make or have made a 6"to10" plate extension for the mounting locations of the awning. Problem solved and crisis avoided.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Use anybody's 270 awning and the make or have made a 6"to10" plate extension for the mounting locations of the awning. Problem solved and crisis avoided.
just curious, I get lifting the awing section in the rear but then how would it close correctly and still fit in the bag when closed? Have you done or seen this done before? or have any pictures? Thank you.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Sorry, I just re-read your post and I think you meant lift the entire awning up 6 to 10". That make sense but for me it would make it to high to get in and out of my garage.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ok use the extension plates on all mounting points of the awning to the vehicle or roof rack. The raising of the awning is only to the height that you desire. The 6 to 10 inches were just numbers, not a requirement. No pics, I saw this done on a vehicle in western Australia while on holiday. Can not help you with the garage problem.