Rank 0

Contributor I

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Garstin
Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to the forum, although I've browsed some threads here many times. I'm interested in maps and cartography, and since buying property up around the Magenetawan area (and building a small cabin), I've used my expertise in map making to put together an online map of the area. The map roughly covers the Highway 400 and Highway 11 corridor from Bracebridge to the South shore of Lake Nipissing.

I'm posting on this site, since I originally started working on the map as a way to better plot the route of the Old Nipissing Colonisation Road. I've now added the Ardbeg trail system as well. All data has been pulled from freely available government data sets, and from a lot of online (and on foot) investigation.

Have a look, and let me know if you think it helps. If you have any comments or feedback, feel free!

Link to the map: The Nipissing Road

Link to the Ardbeg trail part of the map:
Link to the Nipissing Road trail part of the map (at Magentawan): The Nipissing Road

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Great work on gathering the information and plotting!

Have you considered making points of interest and route as GPX files so that they can be imported into GPS apps/devices? If I missed the function, my apologies.

Cheers,
Mike

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Gar

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Garstin
Hi Mike,

Good suggestions. Over time, I hope to add a number of features, such as submitting GPX files to improve the map, and to download GPX data for specific routes and points of interest. Just chipping away at it in my spare time, and with summer coming up, might take a while.

In the meantime, if anyone want's to submit information, or request information, I can pull the data fairly easily.

Regards,
Chris