Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

I have decided to run with the AAL MASS storage system in the back of the JLU. With this said I am planning to use their new Low Profile slide under the fridge. My question is what is the largest ARB Fridge that will fit in the rear of a 2021 JLU with the seats in the upright position? I was only able to find 1 post about someone fitting a 63qt fridge, while everyone where else I am seeing 50qt only.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Wonderland_Recon

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

It all "depends". I had measured out the space for a Dometic fridge which I thought had more than enough room in the rear of my JLU based on the cargo size. When I got the actual unit the fridge would just barely fit because I failed to take into consideration the rake angle of the seats reducing the available length by 7 inches or so at the top of the fridge unit. You will need to measure out the length and width available from the height above the cargo bed where the raised platform of the specific slide unit you will be using will be and also take into consideration the height of the overall unit and where it will be in relation to the backside of the seat at the point it will rest. You will also have more available space on the passenger side of the rear cargo area vs. the driver side due to where the rear door intrudes into the cargo area. The Dometic Unit I have allows for removing the fridge handles which are heavy duty and a few inches combined in length and replacing them with slimmer tie-down points and perhaps the ARB allows for something similar as well to provide more space for the length if needed. You will also want to confirm that the unit's power plug won't require extra space that you did not take into consideration.

Reactions: Wonderland_Recon