ARB Awning help - spacing between mounting channels?

• HTML tutorial

SteveS

Rank 0

Contributor II

Hello all! My wife bought me a 2000 ARB Awning and it is arriving tomorrow from Amazon!

I want to fav up some brackets but for the life of me I can't find the demensions of the mounting channels located on the back of the Awning!

Can anyone help me out with a quick measurement!? Thanks!!!!

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

What vehicle are you putting it on? If you have tubular racks, you might want to check out FourTreks. I just ordered a set to replace my ghetto fan mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: SteveS

SteveS

Rank 0

Contributor II

What vehicle are you putting it on? If you have tubular racks, you might want to check out FourTreks. I just ordered a set to replace my ghetto fan mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Tubular rack. Yakima mega warrior.

I have some options I am going to try/work through.

I saw the FourTreks and they are wildly over priced. I am all for supporting good businesses and buying quality products. But they are blanently ripping people off IMHO.

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Tubular rack. Yakima mega warrior.

I have some options I am going to try/work through.

I saw the FourTreks and they are wildly over priced. I am all for supporting good businesses and buying quality products. But they are blanently ripping people off IMHO.
No worries, different strokes n all that. I just got tired of ghetto mounts not holding up off-road. I have a couple of friends that have the FourTreks and they are bomb-proof. Plus, Luke is a good guy and I like supporting his business.

I have a set of the ARB awning mounts that I'm not going to be using if you're interested . . .

Reactions: SteveS

SteveS

Rank 0

Contributor II

No worries, different strokes n all that. I just got tired of ghetto mounts not holding up off-road. I have a couple of friends that have the FourTreks and they are bomb-proof. Plus, Luke is a good guy and I like supporting his business.

I have a set of the ARB awning mounts that I'm not going to be using if you're interested . . .
Absolutly to each their own! I did not mean for that post to come across as mean or anything!

Reactions: YETI X

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

DIY shelf brackets held to my Yakima bars with hose clamps. Very secure and less than $10 to mount. Easy on, easy off - 3 years without an issue....
View attachment 25822
That's how I mounted my awning to my old Suburban, and to my trailer (no hose clamps on the trailer, but used the brackets). I did double them up since I had a bunch laying around.

I will acknowledge that I did not do high speed runs or many 'washboard' roads with that setup, so I can't really speak to long term use in that capacity. But on the highway and average off-roading, no sweat.

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

DIY shelf brackets held to my Yakima bars with hose clamps. Very secure and less than $10 to mount. Easy on, easy off - 3 years without an issue....
View attachment 25822
That looks like the exact same L-bracket I used for mine. Since I have a Sport Edition 4Runner (round tubes), I used U-bolts around the tubes. It works ok, but I'm not totally confident in it.