Rank V

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Unfortunately, and understandably, PL so far only has maps of the more popular areas in WV.
I don't remember if this guy is here on this forum, but he has some nice looking maps that I keep procrastinating to buy.

Reactions: Dusther210

Stormglove

Rank 0

Contributor I

Montgomery, AL, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Storm
Does anyone know the guy that used to have the appalachian byway maps? I keep seeing links to it but it appears the site is no more.

I'm trying to go from AL to DC sometime next month and would love to start planning it, but having difficulty finding trail .Gpx outside of the GA traverse that would help. Seems like the byway is what I want but can't find it anywhere. I will say it is my first time trying to do a long haul so a bit overwhelmed on the best place to find info and put it all together. Been researching onx and gaia so far.

Dusther210

Rank VI
Expedition

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
@Stormglove I paid for the Appalachian Byway routes and my wife and I did all sections in PA,NJ and NY. It was almost ALL highway/ populated areas. In fact the route through NJ and NY was the same route we took when we used google maps from the PA/NJ border to Peekskill, NY. I think whoever made the Appalachian Byway is charging people for routes from google maps. To date it’s the only route I was disappointed with (and also the only one I paid for).

DevilDodge

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Glasgow, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
@Stormglove I paid for the Appalachian Byway routes and my wife and I did all sections in PA,NJ and NY. It was almost ALL highway/ populated areas. In fact the route through NJ and NY was the same route we took when we used google maps from the PA/NJ border to Peekskill, NY. I think whoever made the Appalachian Byway is charging people for routes from google maps. To date it’s the only route I was disappointed with (and also the only one I paid for).
I have not found any of the pay to play routes to be worthwhile. So far I have not paid for any. My favorite part of this hobby is making a route and scouting it. The MABDR is another of those disappointing routes. They missed so much off pavement routes in the area.