Anyone using GoTreads?

• HTML tutorial

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

If they get you unstuck once, they are worth the money.

GoTreads have been around since the 70s but they don’t have fancy marketing and branding like Maxtrax. Mostly the same thing though. They are much cheaper, collapsible, and have a lifetime warranty. I’d say give them a shot and let us know how they work out for you!

Reactions: Eric Neal

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I've been curious about them as well, but in spite of the fact that they've been around for a while, I've had a hard time finding real-world feedback. I've got a pair of MaxTrax knock-offs, and they are so big that I usually end up leaving them home. These might be a great compact alternative...

Reactions: Eric Neal

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

https://gotreads.com/
Seen these on Overland west Expo video just curious if anyone uses them and if they are worth the money?
Ditto! (saw them on a Expo video and wondered if they were as good as touted) haha..

Here, this is where I saw them, for others interested (jump to 10:12 if it doesn't skip to it):

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

I've been using the GoTreads for more than a year. I fold and pack them on the floorboard behind my driver seat (side by side) which provides a "platform" to keep my wax coated tool bag and air compressor on a firm-flat surface.

My use experince has been very pleasant. They do exactly what is expected as well as provide a "vehicle leveling" benefit (folded for various heights) when I've needed to level my PU truck mounted RTT for the evening.

The GoTreads do not give any bridging options but as I've seen before, the MaxTrax styles do not recommend their use as a bridge either, yet some try...

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I picked up a set at Expo East 2016. They are fantastic in snow recoveries. They work okay in mud. I believe they would really shine in sand as well.

But yeah, some definite pros:
1/3 the cost of Maxtrax
Can be used for leveling from 1"-4"
Individual segments can be inexpensively replaced if damaged
Can be linked together to create a custom recovery system

Reactions: RickLB

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
I just received my set in the mail. I'll be taking on a week-long trip starting in 2 weeks. Hopefully, I don't need them, but if I do, I'll report back on how they performed.

Reactions: RickLB

CAISOB Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cocoa, FL
Member #

Ditto! (saw them on a Expo video and wondered if they were as good as touted) haha..

Here, this is where I saw them, for others interested (jump to 10:12 if it doesn't skip to it):

I think I first saw them in this same video. If I didn't already have a set of eBay traction boards I probably would have gone with those.

Reactions: Craig M

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If you are interested take a look at (trac-grabber or truckclaws). I have a set in all of my semi trucks and my 4x4 vehicles, worth there weight in gold. They also do not take up much space.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Just got my go treads in today. Will report back when and if I have to use them. Might just use them in a controlled situation to see if they work first before really needing them.

Reactions: @AstroOverland