Anyone using ARB mosquito net room on another make of awning?

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

So I've seen the ARB extra room that has mosquito netting completely all the way around but want to know if anyone has used it with another make of awning. Love this thing and want to get it . Currently have Smittybilt 8 ft.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

So I've seen the ARB extra room that has mosquito netting completely all the way around but want to know if anyone has used it with another make of awning. Love this thing and want to get it . Currently have Smittybilt 8 ft.
So, technically you could do this. However, you need to make sure that the awning size is exactly the same size as the awning room you are attaching.

For example, the ARB awnings come in 3 widths, 1250, 2000, and 2500 measured in cm, leaving the 2500 awning at about a 8ft 2” width. The ARB awnings are also the same roll out length, at 2500.

If your Smittybuilt is exactly 98” wide and the same in roll out length, it would work. All awning systems use a Keder rail for mounting-it’s from the RV industry. So attaching the awning rooms utilize the Keder rail.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

So, technically you could do this. However, you need to make sure that the awning size is exactly the same size as the awning room you are attaching.

For example, the ARB awnings come in 3 widths, 1250, 2000, and 2500 measured in cm, leaving the 2500 awning at about a 8ft 2” width. The ARB awnings are also the same roll out length, at 2500.

If your Smittybuilt is exactly 98” wide and the same in roll out length, it would work. All awning systems use a Keder rail for mounting-it’s from the RV industry. So attaching the awning rooms utilize the Keder rail.
Sweet...thank you for the valuable info. Just what I needed to know.