Anyone here a member of OF4WD?

• HTML tutorial

bawa

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oakville, Ontario
Member #

I am a member too - have been for a few years. I love their trail index. Also did their newbie run a few years ago and learned a lot.

Reactions: archee29

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Was a member a few years back, last I checked I found the trail index had lots of areas but not a ton of accurate and up to date information regarding rig requirements and conditions.

Reactions: Road

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

Been a member for long time.

Looking for no cell service, no job schedule and no stress.
Bring on the camp fires and stary nights with friends and family.

Reactions: archee29

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Joined up last year, and agreed the newbie run is an awesome start and there are a lot of really good folk there that are willing to help.

Camp NL is really fun, definitely recommend going to that! It's like one huge family of folks, plenty bring their kids for years too.

It is mostly Jeeps (same as any club in Ontario I guess) or heavily custom dedicated vehicles, so it's fun seeing reactions to our pickup ;) nevertheless they bring us along on the runs and we all have fun.

Trail index is super useful. And also if you are a member of a local club that's partnered, likely you get a significantly discounted cost to OF4WD or even included.

They do good work on lobbying on behalf off 4wheelers to keep trails going and like to support local communities.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

k_dipietro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Kris
Last Name
D
Member #

Joined up last year, and agreed the newbie run is an awesome start and there are a lot of really good folk there that are willing to help.

Camp NL is really fun, definitely recommend going to that! It's like one huge family of folks, plenty bring their kids for years too.

It is mostly Jeeps (same as any club in Ontario I guess) or heavily custom dedicated vehicles, so it's fun seeing reactions to our pickup ;) nevertheless they bring us along on the runs and we all have fun.

Trail index is super useful. And also if you are a member of a local club that's partnered, likely you get a significantly discounted cost to OF4WD or even included.

They do good work on lobbying on behalf off 4wheelers to keep trails going and like to support local communities.

I didn't do Camp NL last year because I was worried I'd be left in the dust with my stock JK. How did you find it?

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

I didn't do Camp NL last year because I was worried I'd be left in the dust with my stock JK. How did you find it?
Lots of stock JKs participate. They always have multiple levels of difficulty for trails being run every day.
On the last day only people left were the upgraded Jeeps and went for difficult trails, however they still organized 2 trail guides to take us down a more manageable set of trails.

Point being, go to Camp NL!

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

Without getting i to anything too heavy.. Camp NL is fine for you in your stock rig. If you go, I won't pay that much, checkout the 101 or newbie run. The guides at the sign up tables will help you out and most are great guys. I have guided with some at NL and they all know a ton. You will be suprised how well you will do and should be able to do 2.5s or 3s with not much truble. The guides will walk you through a lot but remember... If you break it's still you thats paying to fix it.. ;)

k_dipietro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Kris
Last Name
D
Member #

Without getting i to anything too heavy.. Camp NL is fine for you in your stock rig. If you go, I won't pay that much, checkout the 101 or newbie run. The guides at the sign up tables will help you out and most are great guys. I have guided with some at NL and they all know a ton. You will be suprised how well you will do and should be able to do 2.5s or 3s with not much truble. The guides will walk you through a lot but remember... If you break it's still you thats paying to fix it.. ;)

Yup, I did the Newbie run this past summer, and it was amazing! Don't think they let you do it twice though. I had a blast, and met a lot of new, and knowledgable people. We did the Minden Hydro Line Trail (Scotch Line) which is rated as a 2+ I believe. Had a great time, but I wouldn't want to do anything much harder than that at Camp NL. I had some challenges, to say the least. Some learning opportunities we could say... Made a little video of the day too if anyones interested. :tongueout:

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

Thats awesome you got to do the newbie (Shepherds Run) Thats actually how I started with the OF4WD as well. I was a center guide a few times, had a blast with all thr newer people. Oh and yes they only let you run it once.

There is also what they call a 101 or newbie run at NL. It's like any other newbie run and it's also held on Scotch Line so you would kinda get a second shot. [emoji6]

I have found you have to watch how the numbering system works and what makes it what it is. Scatch Line is a 2.5 but mostly rock and water while you can find another 2.5 that would be mud and hills. Totally different reason for the numbering. I was on a 3 that was all rock and very hard to pick a line. I was running smaller tires and no skid plates. Then a few weeks later we were helping with a cleanup and I had to sit out of a side trail (level 3) becase I only had A/Ts and the trail required M/Ts and full skids, for my lift. I could have gone but I would have be winching all the way and slowing everyone down. We never would have been able to finish the clean up and done the side trail. So, those numbers don't mean everything and the more you know the less you will have to worry about them. I like using them as a starting point but in the end I would rather do a level 4 rock then a level 2.5 mud.

I hate mud [emoji34]

Hapla

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

Oh wow.... Who was that guiding you when you popped the tire? And what popped it?