Anyone have a FI dog collar?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I was looking at getting one of these GPS collars for our amazing husky. Since they are escape artists and every day on our local husky facebook page 2 or 3 go missing. One was found on an ocean beach yesterday dead after being caught on the Ocean iceflow. I think this would be a great resource to have, your dog goes missing you can track them via gps/lte.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Problem with airtags they need to be near an apple device in order for them to send a signal to you. No good in the woods, or areas where no one has anything apple. FI collars are a true gps transmitter. I thought about a tile on Mekia's collar as well before and same thing, they need to be in an area that someone is has the tile app on their phone.

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I've been wondering about these as well. I head they are good but they also kinda look like they have to go on specific collars. The air tag idea is good too, but I'm not sure how delicate they are. My 7 month old German Shepherd is somehow super hard on tags. She has gone through 3 key rings now and tears them off with ease. Also I don't see a place to mount the air tag to a collar. Id really like to get something to track the dog as well as I'm somewhat scared of her running away when off leash. If y'all have any advise for off leash training id appreciate it as well.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I was looking at getting one of these GPS collars for our amazing husky. Since they are escape artists and every day on our local husky facebook page 2 or 3 go missing. One was found on an ocean beach yesterday dead after being caught on the Ocean iceflow. I think this would be a great resource to have, your dog goes missing you can track them via gps/lte.
I couldn't me more happy with my Tractive GPS collars - I have two-2yr old Black Mouth Curs which love to run. The app is as simple as they come, the night time strobe light really makes it easy to see the two rug rats running down the hill side.
If I didn't go with Tractive, I would have picked TKStar which I run their GPS units in my rigs.

With the app you can trace their activity, set up a virtual fence - attaching a pic of the history feature.

The GPS collars are well worth it, now for the Tractive Collars I paid $50 bucks with a premium 1 year subscription of $99.00 per pup.

FB - Tractive

@TractiveCompany · Pet Supplies
Find out more at http://www.tractive.com

Hey here's a video for you - Guy Does The Sweetest Thing For His Senior Dog Who Loves To Motorcycle

Attachments

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I couldn't me more happy with my Tractive GPS collars - I have two-2yr old Black Mouth Curs which love to run. The app is as simple as they come, the night time strobe light really makes it easy to see the two rug rats running down the hill side.
If I didn't go with Tractive, I would have picked TKStar which I run their GPS units in my rigs.

With the app you can trace their activity, set up a virtual fence - attaching a pic of the history feature.

The GPS collars are well worth it, now for the Tractive Collars I paid $50 bucks with a premium 1 year subscription of $99.00 per pup.

FB - Tractive

Hey here's a video for you - Guy Does The Sweetest Thing For His Senior Dog Who Loves To Motorcycle
I should also have another post on this Forum on the GPS collars... Good Luck

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

FB - Tractive

Does the owner's cellphone need to have a cellular signal in order to track the collar? If not, how is the location transmitted back to the owner?

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Does the owner's cellphone need to have a cellular signal in order to track the collar? If not, how is the location transmitted back to the owner?
You would need your cell, or wifi to access the app. Without that your pups would be out of luck. I use the Wifi Service offered by Sprint / Mopar, and I really don't see myself going that far off the grid.