Anybody up for a Mojave Road caravan starting the Friday after Thanksgiving?

• HTML tutorial

Utahlasvegas

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Laughlin, NV, USA
First Name
Beau
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

Hello,

I recently put a rooftop tent on my Jeep and am looking to finally do the Mojave Road. My two options are the weekend after Thanksgiving and / or Presidents Day Weekend of 2021. If any of you are interested, let me know. I live in Laughlin, Nevada, not too far from where the trail begins.

BBOY777

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Forest, CA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
B
Member #

Fun! I've gone a couple time in the real early spring March/April... never in Fall... sounds interesting. Not sure if my cards line up in November but definitely 2021 Presidents weekend... more work PTO lol... used a lot recently.

How many days you planning??
Going all the way to the Mojave River crossing???

Last edited:

Craig702

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Husted
Member #

I would like to go. Did the Mojave Rd before, it was awesome. I live in Vegas. Keep me in mind if this is a go. Thanks!

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

We are leaving Phoenix Wednesday after work and will try to camp somewhere around Bullhead. Probably spend 2 nights on the Mojave. Will be in a green rubicon with a white James Baroud tent.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Not sure if you saw my trip Mojave Road.
I'm leaving out of Vegas on Friday after thanksgiving. Maybe we will run into each other.

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Higgins
We are leaving Phoenix Wednesday after work and will try to camp somewhere around Bullhead. Probably spend 2 nights on the Mojave. Will be in a green rubicon with a white James Baroud tent.
I'm new to Overland Bound and overlanding as well but I'm in Phoenix and would love to join you all on this one. I'd be down to meet Friday. Let me know!

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

I'm new to Overland Bound and overlanding as well but I'm in Phoenix and would love to join you all on this one. I'd be down to meet Friday. Let me know!
Yes let’s keep in touch. We are going with not much of a plan but I have a couple of waypoints points that might be good places to stop at.

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

Yes let’s keep in touch. We are going with not much of a plan but I have a couple of waypoints points that might be good places to stop at.
check out Trailsoffroad they have the tracks and routes. I have them in my Gaia database
Thanks, I actually downloaded the tracks and waypoints from venture4wd into Gaia.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Cool that’s not a place I would want to go into blind. I have never been but been doing a lot of research for my future trip. There are spots with deep sand and spot you do not want to camp if it rains or snows.

Reactions: bhunter74

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Can you send me the file? Thank you!
PM me your E-Mail. That's the only way I know how to send it. I still haven't figured out how to back up a folder from Gaia on my pc. The file will have a bunch of points to explore off the main route. When I lead a group, we side track depending on how much time everyone has.