Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

has anyone tried to use that flex seal for any type of flip leaks. I know on the commercials they can seal up water leaks but how does it hold up to chemicals in vehicle fluids. for example a radiator hose leak or a hole in a gas tank. I have some serious sticky pads that are used to seal wounds to peoples chest in serious injuries that I think would work in a pinch as well.

any thoughts?

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
I have a buddy that sprayed his evap canister on his JKU because it was cracked and throwing a code. After he put 3 coats of it on the entire canister he never got another code. Since I’ve sprayed mine for insurance. Stuff works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I learned from 4wd action on youtube that bar soap is a quick hack for various leaks like oil and fuel. In an ideal situation I imagine flex seal would be killer. I like the preventative thought of it. Although i might just use some form of bedliner for the strength aspect.

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

I learned from 4wd action on youtube that bar soap is a quick hack for various leaks like oil and fuel. In an ideal situation I imagine flex seal would be killer. I like the preventative thought of it. Although i might just use some form of bedliner for the strength aspect.
The bar soap is clever. And I'm sure if you are out on a trip you may just have some in a hygiene kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

The bar soap is clever. And I'm sure if you are out on a trip you may just have some in a hygiene kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app