Any Photoshop Pro's here? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Any Photoshop Pro's here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by [DO]Ron, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank V

Member #:

Map
    I need a little help.. because i'm failing, bad.
    I've had this idea for a car sticker for a while. I want it to be on the rear side windows and have the Instagram / Facebook and Twitter logo's together with the @OverlandingNL (all the same across all platforms luckily).

I've been searching far and wide but no sticker selling website has a sticker combining all those. So I turned to making a custom one. But then I need to provide the sticker in a high def. Yea thats not happening. I'm a Photoshop noob and even hours watching video's and downloading stock icon's and stuff I can't make it. mainly because every time I try to edit the Instagram logo Photoshop crashes. I have no idea whats wrong :(.

Anyway, the idea I have is in the attachment. Just a simple line of the 3 logo's in white and the name in orange.. And on a transparant background (its black in the image because I wanted to see how it looked as the windows are blacked out.)

If anybody has the time, and skill to make me a high def version that I can actually use and print that would be amazing. If not, I tried the last place I could think of haha :)

SocialMediaDO.jpg

Nickzero likes this.
  2. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    Whats up man! I could help you out. First off I would recommend using Adobe Illustrator instead of Adobe Photoshop for this task.

I have made dozens of stickers, patches, coins, lanyards and biz cards for people in the past. Have you tried using Sticker Mule, Sticker Giant or RedBubble? They are excellent sources for your type of production. If you would like I can mock up your design on my end and ship you the Ai. File in order to forward them. Keep me posted! - Nick

3. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Hi Nick thanks for your message! I'll check out the sites you mentioned first. But most of them just offer a single logo sticker none with the 3 combined like I'm trying to find.
    I wish I had a licence for Illustrator but sadly I don't haha, the Photoshop is an older version as well that I still had a licence for, buts its getting really old.

*edit*
    Checked the sites you posted, one of them don't even ship to the Netherlands hehe :P. But I guess what I would need is something custom indeed. Found a lot of sticker selling/printing shops in the Netherlands to but nothing has something standard that matches what I want. Guess I'm just difficult.

4. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    Ok. It looks like you want all 3 social media logos on one strip along with the name in orange. I can mock this up in Ai and send you the file afterwards. All I need from you is the size / dimensions of the sticker. And DM me your email so I can link the file to you. - Nick

Boort likes this.
  5. KonzaLander

KonzaLander Rank I

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KE0EBF
    Map
    If you are still in need of assistance, I'd be happy to make the illustrator file and cut the sticker for you. Shipping an envelope to the Netherlands shouldn't cost too much. I would do it as 3 white vinyl cuts and a orange vinyl cut. Be happy to use the file @Nickzero is building to cut as well.

Hank Outdoors and Nickzero like this.
  6. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank V

Member #:

Map
    I'll let you know! Thanks for the offer Konza!
    One company I contacted here in the Netherlands also got back to me tonight. A little late but they might be able to help as well.

Not in a huge rush as its raining and snowing on and off, besides that it has been freezing for days.. Not the best weather to put stickers on cars anyway haha.

KonzaLander likes this.
  7. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    I just got back from a 2 day camping trip. I postponed the stickers for that time. I will jump on those this weekend unless someone else has already...

8. KonzaLander

KonzaLander Rank I

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KE0EBF
    Map
    I have not. I gather [DO]Ron might have found a local outfit to take care of everything though.

Nickzero likes this.
  9. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    Copy! Please keep me posted on this.

KonzaLander likes this.
  10. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank V

Member #:

Map
    Hi! Got a message this morning from the site, it worked out a sticker based on my posted design. Still not 100% sure it is going to work out but they said they could make it. and for 6 euro's I took the chance haha. So we'll see, expect the package to arrive somewhere next week.
    I'll keep you posted!

KonzaLander and Boort like this.
  11. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank V

Member #:

Map
    @Nickzero @KonzaLander My stickers arrived today, took a while to get here but they had to ship from spain haha.
    No idea how good they are but so far they seem good, will try and find time and space to stick them on the rig sometime soon.
    Thank you for offering to help non the less :).

KonzaLander and Nickzero like this.
  12. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    Awesome man, glad everything worked out! --- If you need any vector illustration work done just shoot me a DM. I try and help every one I can with design related projects.

[DO]Ron likes this.
  13. KonzaLander

KonzaLander Rank I

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    KE0EBF
    Map
    Great!

You know, we are going to need to see those installed :smiley:

[DO]Ron likes this.
  14. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank V

Member #:

Map
    They are on! Brought them on my trip to Belgium as I was there over the weekend. Put them on in the parking lot of the hotel haha. the weather was nice so it all worked out =)

KonzaLander and Nickzero like this.