Any mild trails near the Triad that could be a day trip?

• HTML tutorial

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

Lots of gravel around the Blowing Rock area. You're 90 minutes away and could easily do 5-8 hours of dirt in that area. Look for Globe Rd going south from BR to Hwy 90, then to Mortimer. From there down Wilson's Creek to Craig Creek Rd to Hwy 181. From there go north a few miles to the first FS road on the left and that takes you into the Table Rock area. Check these out on Google Maps and you will find even more a few miles west of Linville Gorge, notably, Old 105 which will take you down to the Lake James area and you can take I-40 back home.

I haven't done these this spring but you should have no problem.

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

Lots of gravel around the Blowing Rock area. You're 90 minutes away and could easily do 5-8 hours of dirt in that area. Look for Globe Rd going south from BR to Hwy 90, then to Mortimer. From there down Wilson's Creek to Craig Creek Rd to Hwy 181. From there go north a few miles to the first FS road on the left and that takes you into the Table Rock area. Check these out on Google Maps and you will find even more a few miles west of Linville Gorge, notably, Old 105 which will take you down to the Lake James area and you can take I-40 back home.

I haven't done these this spring but you should have no problem.
Sounds like fun. I’ll have to look them up. Interested in making a rally?

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

Heard a lot about that place. Until I make sure this new (old) Jeep is trail worthy, I’d love to be close to home. But it doesn’t seem there are any around Winston Salem.

Lovejoy

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fuquay-Varina, NC
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lovejoy
Member #

Thanks JustJames for the info about Globe road.
I'm heading to the Gorge this week and am looking for some trails to hit.
I'll definitely check out Globe Rd on my way to the camp ground.