Any experience with 'Dead Man Off-Road' Earth Anchor?

• HTML tutorial

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

If you re living in a place where sand and dirt primary occupies more terrain than hills and rocky mountains then you should look into this piece of recovery gear. This works in all terrain environments however trapped on a beach or in the dunes alone could cost you more than a cold night.

Sup guys, I am wondering if any one here has crossed one of these bad boys out on the trail? I have been living in FL for the last 7 years and stumbled upon this 'Earth Anchor' bag last year watching Trail Recon on YouTube. This thing looks like it does the job if your rig happens to get sucked out with the tide or beached solo with zero winching points. Seems extremely versatile and handy!

I think it is a cleaver piece of recovery gear and may have to save up a few more pennies to make this part of my rig.

Any ways... Here is the link to DeadMan Off-Road's website and a few pics of the setup: https://www.deadmanoffroad.com/

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.19.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.20.49 PM.png

Reactions: Ironhide

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

If you re living in a place where sand and dirt primary occupies more terrain than hills and rocky mountains then you should look into this piece of recovery gear. This works in all terrain environments however trapped on a beach or in the dunes alone could cost you more than a cold night.

Sup guys, I am wondering if any one here has crossed one of these bad boys out on the trail? I have been living in FL for the last 7 years and stumbled upon this 'Earth Anchor' bag last year watching Trail Recon on YouTube. This thing looks like it does the job if your rig happens to get sucked out with the tide or beached solo with zero winching points. Seems extremely versatile and handy!

I think it is a cleaver piece of recovery gear and may have to save up a few more pennies to make this part of my rig.

Any ways... Here is the link to DeadMan Off-Road's website and a few pics of the setup: https://www.deadmanoffroad.com/

View attachment 85911
View attachment 85912
I've seen one video on you tube with Ronny Dahl Australian of road guru on a par with Andrew White. Ronny tried 3 ways of sand anchoring for winching out. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I've seen one video on you tube with Ronny Dahl Australian of road guru on a par with Andrew White. Ronny tried 3 ways of sand anchoring for winching out. I highly recommend it.
I love Ronnys channel. Been watching his stuff since he first started. He also has a great recovery gear video to watch too!

Reactions: J-P and Ironhide