Any custom builders for all aluminum offroad trailers?

• HTML tutorial

CharlieS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vermont, USA
First Name
CHARLES
Last Name
SPRIGG
We've got a Forrest River NoBo 10.6 that has some great features, but would like to have something built that ticks all of our boxes.

The biggest pet peeve is that we'd like to improve is the interior height - not being able to stand up inside without stooping is one of our least favorite features. The other is the generally shoddy construction - weak luan cabinet cases. The steel frame started rusting after a couple of months (clearly not powder coated). We really like the compact size, slide out fridge/stove unit and roof rack. It also has features that we will never use - shore power, tv antenna, air conditioning, heat strip (only works while on shore power). And lots of protrusions in the roof, which haven't been a problem, but I hate the idea of a leaky roof.

I really like the all aluminum build of the WeeRoll, they have impressive and rugged construction. I don't really like the standard models they offer (Gladiator is close but too small), and their youtube videos have the owner talking about how he ought to stop doing customizations. Not a good sign.

I'd love an all aluminum, insulated, 6' wide x 12' long x 6' high box, with a 45 degree angled top at the front. Roof rack. Doors and opening/screened windows both sides. Full width front storage box with doors on both sides (dual or triple deep cycle batteries). Full width cabinet on the inside at the front of the box, covering a kitchen pull out (12v Dometic fridge, 2 burner LP stove, maybe a small sink) - accessible through a door on the outside, also hiding a Propex heater. Timbren Axle-less suspension with brakes, and 5x150 hubs (so I can use the same wheels as my tow vehicle). Queen bed on a bed lift (Happijac bedlift, for example). 2" hitch for hauling bicycles. 12v LED lighting inside and out, 12v USB plugs.

Any recommendations?

Oh, by the way, this NoBo with rooftop tent attracts A TON of attention wherever we go. Parking lots, gas stations, campgrounds. Everyone is curious about it.

716041AE-38E6-4075-A2A1-D81B8A4D1C55.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RickR

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I would LOVE to tackle this build for you! That is what I want to start building. Custom built overland style trailers. Made to order. you give the specs and I weld and build. I need to get my aluminum spool setup finished off so I can start fabbing up aluminum. I can design it on cad, cut everything out weld it and build solid wood cabinets inside for a solid organic look as well. Ideal trailers for overlanding.