ANY BOISE IDAHO OVERLAND MEET-UPS HAPPENING?

• HTML tutorial

McQ

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boise, ID
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McHugh
Member #

Howdy folks! i'm new here and not super savvy with the forum communication.
wondering if there are any events or meet-ups in and around the Boise area? wanting to find folks to hit the trails in this beautiful state and beyond. I'm new to the whole overlanding gig so i'm not looking to do any crazy rock crawling but just like to get out and off pavement.

looking forward to meeting up for some adventures!
McQ

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Howdy folks! i'm new here and not super savvy with the forum communication.
wondering if there are any events or meet-ups in and around the Boise area? wanting to find folks to hit the trails in this beautiful state and beyond. I'm new to the whole overlanding gig so i'm not looking to do any crazy rock crawling but just like to get out and off pavement.

looking forward to meeting up for some adventures!
McQ
I’m over in lagrande. Next time I head that way I’ll holler for sure!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I don't believe anybody has anything scheduled right now. A few of us did a run last weekend, but I'd be down for a rigs and coffee or something in a couple of weeks.

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
I missed the last meetup, but would be game to meet some good folks here in Boise.

McQ

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boise, ID
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McHugh
Member #

I know Thanksgiving is going to keep everyone busy but perhaps the following week/weekend. I don't drink coffee (i know crazy talk!) but would be down to meet up and try and make a game plan for a new adventure even a small day trip.
look forward to meeting up

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
I’ll be tied up the week after with a work trip, but I’ll meet up with you all eventually if that’s when you have it.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

I am game for another meet up/trip. I hope to be able to make it when it’s planned but I do have a busy end of year possibly early 2020. Eye surgery, picking up my GFC in Montana, holidays and such. Once I get the camper I want to head out more and spend some nights outside. But I look forward to meeting more people!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I am game for another meet up/trip. I hope to be able to make it when it’s planned but I do have a busy end of year possibly early 2020. Eye surgery, picking up my GFC in Montana, holidays and such. Once I get the camper I want to head out more and spend some nights outside. But I look forward to meeting more people!
My plan is to do the same thing once I get the xterra set up the way I want. I really start the build in January. Trying to plan things around the holidays is tough for sure.

Maybe we start getting a feel for when people are available?

Reactions: McQ

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Would love to get a closer look at the GFC when you get it. There is someone who climbs at Asana occasionally who has one that I have seen on their Tacoma and it does look pretty solid.

We were sold on getting one until they raised the price and now we are leaning back towards a bed rack and 23Zero RTT.

Reactions: McQ

McQ

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boise, ID
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McHugh
Member #

hope all are well!
wondering if anyone would be game for meeting up at Payette Brewing next Wednesday (12.11) night for a quick pint and meetup? They have a decent parking lot, figure we could get together there around 6:30pm. I know it might be difficult being right around the holidays and all but figured I would give it a shot... didn't want to let this thread die :)

out

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
hope all are well!
wondering if anyone would be game for meeting up at Payette Brewing next Wednesday (12.11) night for a quick pint and meetup? They have a decent parking lot, figure we could get together there around 6:30pm. I know it might be difficult being right around the holidays and all but figured I would give it a shot... didn't want to let this thread die :)

out
I was planning on waiting until after new years when holiday season is done with, but if others are in, I could likely make it.

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
hope all are well!

out
I would be down for this!

McQ

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boise, ID
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McHugh
Member #

Howdy all,
It's kinda like the guys night my friends and i started back when I was in Portland... there were 14 of us and we would meet every second Friday of the month, sometime there would be 12 of us and sometimes there would be 2 of us, if you could make it great, if not, no big deal.
So to that end I will be at Payette Brewing on Wednesday at 6:30pm. if i'm not at my truck I will be inside enjoying a beer , I will be wearing a black truckers hat on from Galena Lodge.

If I see ya great, if not catch'a next time.
McQ

Reactions: OutsideSeth

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
It’s N
Howdy all,
It's kinda like the guys night my friends and i started back when I was in Portland... there were 14 of us and we would meet every second Friday of the month, sometime there would be 12 of us and sometimes there would be 2 of us, if you could make it great, if not, no big deal.
So to that end I will be at Payette Brewing on Wednesday at 6:30pm. if i'm not at my truck I will be inside enjoying a beer , I will be wearing a black truckers hat on from Galena Lodge.

If I see ya great, if not catch'a next time.
McQ
It’s on my calendar. I drive a 2018 GMC Canyon and will be wearing an orange hat.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'll be there. I'll be wearing a camo chevy hat, but driving a green nissan xterra. Go figure...

McQ

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boise, ID
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McHugh
Member #

Seth and Brian,
It was a pleasure meeting you both and i hope we are able to get out in the coming month for a trip off the beaten path. And if anyone else is out there listening i hope we are able to meet up and share stories and adventures in the near future.
happy holidays everyone!

McQ